A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Connoisseur

Washington
3rd Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
I do e-books on my Smartboard. Instead of holding on to a little book in front of a small group or hoping students are following along at their seats, I just project the book (I get my ebooks from Storia, scholastic.com/storia) and teach like I always did, but with better tools to underline/highlight text, make notes of what the class says, etc.
How much do eb books cost?

Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Maven

USA
3rd Grade Teacher
So far, my kids' favorite activity is the tile board (similar to Concentration or Jeopardy). I type all of our current and review high frequency words on it, and "hide" a high-interest picture (photo or clipart or animated gif) behind it. They love to guess what the picture is as each word is correctly read/found/used in a sentence (I let them "touch" the word with a foam finger pointer - keeps fingerprints down). I have used pictures of the NO Saints (of course), animated pics of Garfield, Santa, etc., or "fine art" pics that relate to our lessons. To find it, click on the picture frame, then search for "tiles," go to interactive and multimedia and choose the one you want. You can edit the number of tiles, the pictures, the font size or style, etc.

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
― Dr. Seuss
Old 01-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Connoisseur

I'm with you. For a while I found it just too time consuming to create a lesson to teach on the SB, when I could whip up a simple chart pad or read a story.
Over the years I have found TONS of great stuff on line and just adapted it to my needs and saved on my compyter. Now, I just pull up and go. SB exhange has lots of great stuff and teachers are starting to share what they have on websites. A teacher has a site that uses the same reading program as I do and I use all of her sight word slides along with review games that fit in with my stuff. Google around and I'm sure you'll find tons!

Also, our district has been great about scanning in our text books for us to use. IT is such a life saver when having little ones try to follow along with a story.

Tags
questions, smartboard