A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast

Ohio
Middle/High School English
At my previous position, my P only saw me teach one time. I didn't bother listing him as a reference. I used our department head, my mentor, another colleague I co-taught with from time to time, and a couple mentors from college when I was applying for my current position.

I'm pretty sure they called my references before my interview but don't recall for certain.

I think falsifying ANYTHING is a bad idea!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher girl View Post
I think you should just be upfront about your intentions with your principal. It would be bad for a refrence to call and you haven't told your principal, then it would look shady. I would just politely ask for a reference in an email.

I would tell the principal that I loved working at this school and that the staff was wonderful... and that it is not my intention to offend anybody because I love my job however, I was looking at a potential position because I was offered higher salary wages. (Most people understand wanting to leave to get more money.)

or,

I would tell her that My husband "might" be relocating to another state because he was laid off from his job, so I applied for jobs just in case we have to move.something to that effect. However, I would be upfront and kindly ask for a reference. There is no way around it. Its better to just be upfront. even if you are lying.lol.
Don't count on the principal giving you a good recommendation. That is extremely risky. Many a teacher has had his or her career derailed because of a vindictive principal.

Principals are NOT your friends.

Tags
deal, list, references