A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > Preschool

Old 12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Newcomer

AUS
We found a great product: OUTDOOR CHALKBOARD PAINT!

We used it on the side of our garage and love it! After the kids write and draw all over it we just hose it off with the garden hose and presto! Brand new surface! No dust to worry about.

It's from an Australian company, Porter's Original Paints (in the US they are called Sydney Harbour Paint Company.)
We bought it online sydneyharbourpaintstore_dot_com. Expensive but worth it.
-M

Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Rookie

TN
Personally never used either paint but have heard good and bad about the paint products. But I would say chalkboard because that is more fun for smaller children I think.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Fanatic

Washington
Early Childhood Teacher
I have made white boards out of contact paper (white) before and a different time I used picture frames. We had a whiteboard available on our playground for years. We also had chalkboards and chalk. We loved both! I am excited to hear that you found outdoor paint! Our outdoor whiteboard finally just sort of melted away.....it would have been nice to have a more stable item! I will be looking for that item! Thanks.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Comrade

North Dakota
Kindergarten
I would do the white board paint and then use the dry erase crayons. My OT really likes them because she says they provide more resistance then markers. I like them because they don't dry out.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Newcomer

Preschool Teacher
I painted walls with both this year. Kids love the chalkboard, and even have fun erasing it- I would highly recommend it. The whiteboard paint has been a big disappointment. It does not erase, even with the nauseating dry erase spray. We now use the space as an easel instead.

Tags
chalkboard, paint, whiteboard