A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Early Childhood Education Archives

Old 08-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Rookie

CA
birthday chart ideas

I teach 3 year olds. I am looking for a new birthday chart. I have an enormous wall I would like to cover. Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
I am also looking for a new poem for the first day of school using the child's
hand or foot print.
Thanks again.
Sarah

Old 08-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Novice

Ireland
I am taking photos of children, cut out a picture frame out of cardboard, ask the children paint the frame, then I will ask them to choose their favorite pictures out of magazines (cars, flowers, aeroplanes, for girls pictures of dolls etc.,) and news papers and stick them around the frame.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Novice

Auburn, New York
I just made a new birthday thing for my room. I had birthday balloons but now I have so many that I am running out of room. So I decided to do a birthday graph, so it is a great math lesson and the children are always talking about it. It is a great way to review months and most and least, and whatever you can think of. I really like the way it turned out. I used posterboard, and wrote the months on the bottom and made small balloons that we put the name and date on. It cost me nothing and it looks awsome.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Novice

South Africa
I have been thinking of also doing a birthday chart in my class as I am teaching for the first time. I thought to maybe paint a big tree with a branch for each month (you said you had a lot of space) and making paper apples with a photo of the child and date and hanging the apple by the applicable month. I hope my children will also learn from it as Lisa H. says her children do. It's big and colourful. Try making the apples different colours so they can learn the colours too. I suppose you could use anything but apples... different fruit, shapes, etc.

Tags
birthday, chart, ideas