A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Early Childhood Education Archives

Old 08-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Newcomer

New York
Red face Parent Survival Kit

Hi, I am looking for the list of things that can go into a ziploc/paperbag and what they are for. For example "Lifesaver candy: because you are a lifesaver to us, Kiss : to remind you to kiss your child each day", etc. I would like to put one of these together for each of my parents but can't find all the things that belong in the bag. If anyone can help me or at least direct to a website, etc to find this info it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Rookie

Illinois
Hi,

Here are a list of some things that I used for my "Parent Survival Kit".

Toothpick-To remind you to "pick out" and look for the good qualities in your child.

Rubber Band-To remind you to grow and stretch with your child.

Sweet and Sour Candy-To remind you that each child is different and has their own set of strengths and weaknesses.

Clock-To remind you that children grow up too fast! Remember to cherish the minutes and time with your child.

Puzzle Piece-To remind you that you are a very important piece in your child's life.

Nutrageous Bar-To remind you to spend time laughing and getting a little "nutty" with your child.

Tootsie Roll-To remind you there will be times that you will have to roll with the punches.

"Do Not Disturb" Sign-To remind you that parents and children need some time alone sometime.

Candle-To remind you to "Celebrate" with your child. We usually celebrate birthdays but not the small accomplishments in your child's life. Celebrate the small accomplishments too!

"Loving, Laughing, and Learning Card"-To remind you that the three L's are just as important as the three R's!

Rope-To remind you that children need limits and structure. Set and make them. Hopefully, the limits and structure you set with your child will prevent you from getting to the end of your rope!

Peppermint-To remind you that your job as a parent is worth a mint.

Hershey Hug & Kiss-To remind you that your child needs a hug and kiss from you daily.

I use to give out the "Parent Survival Kit" at Open House. The parents enjoyed it!!

I hope this is what you were looking for!!

Have a great school year!!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Newcomer

New York
thank you Janet Sue, your info really helped a lot!
Alessandra
Old 08-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Rookie

Florida, Miami
Janet Sue,
Where would you put all this stuff?! Thanks! Noelle
Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Rookie

Illinois
Noelle,

I would put all these items in a lunch bag that I decorated and labeled "Parent Survival Kit". I would fold the top of the lunch bag down and punch two holes and have yarn or ribbon tied through it in a bow. It really was simple and cute! (And inexpensive!!) Please, let me know if you make it and what your parents think of it.

Best wishes for a "GREAT SCHOOL YEAR"!!

Janet Sue
Old 08-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Rookie

North Carolina
I was also interested in the same thing and I typed in parent survival kit to my google search engine and it came up with a really good website...http://sawyers-specialties.com/survival-kits/ It has survival kits for everything that you can think of!!

Tags
kit, parent, survival