A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Student & Preservice Teachers

Old 11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Rookie

Minnesota
letter of introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldemon2007
I am starting student teaching in January, but will be in the classroom on Mondays and Wednesdays until Winter Break. I am also a non-traditional grad student (35 yrs old - second career). I would love to see your introduction letter finetimes123. Thanks -
Hi, if you would not mind, would you email directly and I can look for it. I did this nearly a year ago and have to see if I kept it online. Also, I am getting ready to do this now for a Long Term Sub position I've now been in for about a month and it looks like I will be starting the new trimester with the students and want all to understand expectations and rules for my classes. My email is EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead. Please email me direct and I will send it or rewrite one similar for you!

Old 12-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Newcomer

Singapore
Hi can you help me with a sample letter?

Hi,

I want to prepare an introductory letter to my students next Jan as I am taking a new class.
Can you help me with a sample too?

Thanks.

Maylyn
Old 12-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Rookie

Minnesota
Letter of introduction

Sorry this has taken so long. I totallly spaced it out. This is one of the samples, the only one I saved. You can use it, or change it. I wrote something similar for another placement, with just a few changes, but don't have that one. Happy Holidays

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dear Parents and Families:

Your student may have mentioned the “new teacher” in their classroom, so I’d like to introduce myself. My name is (your name), and I am (teacher name) student teacher for this quarter.

I am a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin in River Falls, studying to earn my Master’s degree in Education, along with a certificate to teach in special education. This is the culminating experience of my program for initial teacher certification.

My background includes more than 20 years of experience with children. I hold an undergraduate degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology, and have raised two children of my own. I have spent many hours as a parent volunteer in the classroom, in many different capacities, as well as coordinating school activities. I have also spent some time in a career in advertising.

I look forward to working with each of your students in many different academic capacities, as well as meeting you at conferences. I’ve already learned more than half of their names in just two days! Feel free to stop in and meet me.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call (teacher name) or me at the school.

Sincerely,

(Your Name)
Old 12-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Newcomer

Singapore
thanks for your help

Hi,

That's a really friendly letter. I will able to start with mine immediately

Thanks so much for your help.
Will post it here to share with everyine when I finish writing mine.
Thanks so much.

maylyn
Old 12-18-2006, 04:23 AM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlystagg
I just finished student teaching 2nd grade and this is what I did... I waited until I got to know the kids (about a week) then I wrote each child a post card briefly introducing myself and telling them that I was excited to be teaching them and that they were special... I sent it to their homes, so I know parents saw it and it meant a lot to them!
What a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing
Old 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Newcomer

Manchester TN
Letter of Introduction

I just started my student teaching today in Kindergarten. woo hoo! Finetimes123, I would love to have a copy of your intro letter to the parents. My email address is [email]EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead[/email]. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetimes123 View Post
My first placement (that only lasted 2 weeks) suggested a letter of introduction, which was brief, but informative.

Being a non traditional grad student (in my 40s, raised a family, lots of kid experience and another career), there was a lot to choose from. Keep your information pertinent to the parents/students you are involved with. If you have volunteered, that is always good to include. If you are interested in reading mine, I'd be happy to email it to you directly, though I don't know how to get email addys from this site.

When my placement changed, I suggested it and the principal was all over the idea and wanted to make sure I got it out immediately. The parents were very appreciative and many have made a point to come in and introduce themselves. The ones that volunteer regularly have also made very positive comments regarding my teaching....which in any position, is always nice to hear.

Good luck, remember, keep it short and sweet and pertinent.

Tags
introduction, letter, parents, student, teacher