. I googled a couple mnemonics for you:
The order of prefixes in the metric system, for every power of ten from 3 to -3, is Kilometre, Hectometre, Decametre, Metre, Decimetre, Centimetre, Millimetre:
- King Hector's Daffy Mother Drinks Chocolate Milk
- King Henry's Daughter Makes Delicious Chocolate Muffins
- King Henry Died Monday Drinking Chocolate Milk
- King Hector Dector Makes Delicious Chocolate Milk
- Kangaroos Hop Down Mountains During Cold Months
- Kings Have Diamonds. Most Diamonds Cost Money.
- King Henry Died Monday During Christmas Mass.
This variant is for the prefixes Kilo-, Hecto-, Deca-, then the Base unit (such as metre, gram, litre), then the prefixes Deci-, Centi-, Milli-:
- Kings Have Diamonds But Diamonds Cost Money