A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Teacher Time Out Archives

Old 10-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Connoisseur

Illinois
1st Grade Teacher
I'm not too familiar with the Cathloic schools in the city, although I did a tutoring program in them through my certification program.

You might want to check...
http://www.cps-humanresources.org/firstclass/index.asp

I don't think the Catholic schools thing could hurt you... Any classroom experience is beneficial, I think, particularly if the demographics of the school are similar to those in the area you wish to teach in.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Fanatic

Illinois
I am so glad we have tomorrow off.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast

USA
Elementary
I am thrilled we are off today too! Every weekend should be three days. I actually feel rested! Unfortunately, I have to go to the doctor's today for my back...time to refill the muscle relaxers!! I really thought losing the 15 lbs since June would help my back but the sad fact is I have a bad back!! I wasn't even able to go to the gym this weekend for fear of injuring it more!! To top it off, I have a bad cough right now and coughing with a back ache is no PICNIC!! OWWWW!!! They open in 15 minutes!! I hope they let me come in this morning!!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Rookie

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
I am thrilled we are off today too! Every weekend should be three days. I actually feel rested! Unfortunately, I have to go to the doctor's today for my back...time to refill the muscle relaxers!! I really thought losing the 15 lbs since June would help my back but the sad fact is I have a bad back!! I wasn't even able to go to the gym this weekend for fear of injuring it more!! To top it off, I have a bad cough right now and coughing with a back ache is no PICNIC!! OWWWW!!! They open in 15 minutes!! I hope they let me come in this morning!!

Yea... I totally can relate to you with the whole bad back thing, it is no picnic... I am only 24 and because I was a prof. ballerina (well I was dropped and broke my back in three different places), I have a terrible back and terrible ankles and I am in pain... Muscle relaxers are clutch!!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Fanatic

Illinois
I'm going to the doc too. but then I am going to walk Michigan or go to the Shedd or something between doc and class. I'm also going to treat myself to a nice lunch I think.

I do have a lot of work to do for grad school to though.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast

USA
Elementary
It is TOO hot to be outside!! I got in to the doctor who just prescribed an anti-inflammatory (sp) because I said I couldn't be slowed down with muscle relaxants. Hopefully it will help.

I didn't see too many people out this morning. I think it's a regular work day for most people. Still, even kids aren't out!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Rookie

Illinois
OMG!! I just got cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B's and drove from my house (which is about a half of a mile away) because it is so hot outside, and ALL OF THE ICING MELTED!!!!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! so now I don't know what do because I lost my parking space and my desserts are for a meeting tonight and they are melted and ugly!!!!!

Just a rant about the weather ( I know that I am going to regret complaining like this because mr. winter will bite my booty)
Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Rookie

Illinois
oh and there were NO kids at SMBs which is a first... what is up with the lack of children running around with the weather
Old 10-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Enthusiast

USA
Elementary
Kids like air conditioning and computers on days like this...me too!!! My pills are doing the trick!! I feel like my spine has been oiled!! YAY!!
Where are you guys today? Snick? Turtle? Helloooooooooo???????????
BTW...welcome princess.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Forum Administrator

This thread has been archived and is continued at:
http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/s...ad.php?t=48518

For assistance, please use the Contact Us form rather than private messages.

Tags
chicago, public, schools, teachersunite