A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > End of the Year Archives

Old 10-09-2003, 06:50 PM
suzan@jwdavis

Post Forth grade recognition/ Graduatio themes and help

I am new here so I will tell you I am a parent of 5 school aged children and tried to be very involved in the PTA and thats why Im here in hope s you can help me out..... I am the chairperson for our fourth grade recognition/graduation party at the end of the year,,,,, i know a little early but i have alot to plan so i am getting a roll on it now seeing as i work 40+ hours a week. I need a theme and all the obvious have been use such as reach for the stars and so on. Any suggestions on a theme i would be very grateful...
Suzan

Old 10-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Cohort

US
How about 'moving on a up" with a year round staircase of monthly accomplishments or just at the end of the year giving a list of one thing they did to "earn" there way to the next level and I'm guessing school?
Old 10-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Cohort

US
I forgot to say welcome!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:12 PM

Florida
What about something like "Fourever" Faithful? The theme would be to remember the good times of childhood as they grow up - being true to themselves.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
Moving on
Moving Up
Walking on Sunshine (Great song- have yellow aisle runners)
"Everything I ever needed to know I learned at ________School" (take on Everything I needed to learn I learned in kindrgarten-Kids write the script!)
Old 10-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Devotee

2nd Grade Teacher
How about a train theme such as "All Aboard, Next Stop Fifth Grade". You could make train stations depicting things that the students would be encountering in fifth grade. One station could be math and it would show new math concepts for fifth grade, a social studies station showing some things they"ll be studying, etc. Maybe you could plan an actual short train trip if you live near a train station. Write to various trains, Amtrak, Conrail and they might send you posters or tickets or print up train tickets to be used for any special events.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:16 PM
suzan@jwdavis

Big Smile thank you & keep em coming

Thank you all very much for all the great ideas they definately help out . This is my first time taking on such a big job for our school and our kids. In the past they all look forward to it when they finally get to fourth grade. thank you so much... Dont stop sending them ideas

Tags
grade, graduation, recognition or, themes