Some things have been happening lately & I could really use everyone's prayers right now! Thank you!
- I'm still sick since 3 pre-schoolers coughed/sneezed in my face last Wed. I've been coughing a LOT, had a fever (Fri eve to Sat), zero appetite, even threw up 2x yesterday. I didn't go to work today & will be going to the dr today. I'll request a blood test too.
- I took my dog to the vet this morning. Some may have seen the thread I started about him: http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/s...d.php?t=170552
This morning, he could barely move. Vet says could be minor stroke. A blood test has been done & an injection of Metacam was gven. I have to give him daily Metcam drops & the dr asked if we wanted to buy some cans of Prescription Diet a/d (which I notice says critical care on the label). Total bill = $305
The vet wanted to take an x-ray and mentioned having him stay at the vet's overnight, but I chose not to do that just yet. We'll see what the blood test says.
- My boyfriend's having a minor surgery today. But it's been needed for a long time, so I hope there's no complications.
- My mom, who's been getting this funny feeling off/on for years has been getting a LOT more bad-feeling days than good. No dr's been able to find out what's wrong. Finally, a test revealed that she probably has some kind of auto-immuned deficiency, but some more has to be done. She was given steriods for 2 wks & surprisingly, she said she hasn't flet better since being on it.
- I'm struggling a little in my grad program & will graduate the next term after the originally set date, so I guess that's not too bad.
Does your dog have a head-tilt? If so, it could be a positive.
And in regard to prescription food: If you care to do it, ask your vet if any alternative. When my dog had a UTI, she was prescribed c/d (I assume same line of dog food). The ingredient list was: Chicken fat, By-products, corn... somewhere in that order. I was flabbergasted, and proceeded to tear my vet a new one--as if that ingredient list is a "prescription" for good health. I've made my dog's food ever since.