A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Cohort

5th Grade Teacher
Getting so stressed

My stomach is quesy, and I have no appetite. I am getting so stressed about school and getting ready for the test as well as my P's new demands on us and his demands for next year. I don't want to go into a lot of detail about my P on a public forum, but he expects us to make him look good, whatever the cost - time with family, money, etc.

I have followed my curriculum map and know that I've covered and will cover everything. It's going to be crammed between new things and reviewing, but I can get it done. It's just the time of the year I second guess everything I've done. I wonder if I've spent enough time on something. My P is pushing a schedule change on us a month before the test to, hopefully, get bonus points on our state report card. Now, he's not saying we have to do it, he's just suggesting it. Read: do it or you'll be on my bad side, which is a place none of us want to be.

My mom and husband are pushing me to apply at a smaller district close by. IDK, I have mixed feelings. I can't help but think it's probably like this everywhere, and at least I have tenure here.

Just needed to vent. Thank you so much for listening.

Beth

Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast

California
Vice Principal (K-5)
As far as applying elsewhere, you really need to make a list of pros and cons. Like you mentioned, you've already got tenure and we all know how difficult it is to land a full-time teaching gig right now. However, do you think you can push through and deal with the demands coming from your administrator (even though it's affecting your health)?

HUGS!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Newcomer

This discussion is a little bit old and I guess you are doing fine right now. Any updates on what happened? We love to hear it.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Newcomer

Florida
5th Grade Teacher
I know how you feel. I have felt the same way over the last few months. I have actually lost 23 ponds since Christmas Break! Being a teacher is so demanding. I am praying that I can make it through the year.

If I were in your situation, I would stay with tenure right now and do some soul searching over Summer Break! Good luck Girly!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Fanatic

Texas
Third Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirly View Post
This discussion is a little bit old and I guess you are doing fine right now. Any updates on what happened? We love to hear it.
It's been less than a week. I doubt all that much has changed.

Tags
stressed