A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 02-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Comrade

Long Island
In any job I have ever worked, I have encountered unpleasant people. In life, you are bound to cross paths with a few irritating people, and unfortunately, sometimes you share a workspace with them.

I have NEVER encountered what you are describing, but I have encountered similar pettiness both in an office environment and an elementary school environment.

How long have you been married to your wife? For someone who is married to an educator, you sure do have a lot of misconceptions about the teaching profession/know very little about it.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Devotee

The Deep South
Special Education Teacher
How long have you been married to your wife? For someone who is married to an educator, you sure do have a lot of misconceptions about the teaching profession/know very little about it.

I've been thinking this also. You ask a question on an internet site . Couldn't you ask the wife? I've come across petty and jealous people in and out of education. The wife could become national board certified and that would enable here to teach in all states.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Maven

Central Ohio
Online English Teacher
I suppose the greater question is whether people can be petty. This is obviously the case across the board, but thankfully not the majority of the human race. As for having teacher and student requirements different for each state, that is a product of the US Constitution because of politics in the 18th century. I doubt that an amendment nationalizing educational standards without the ability to opt-out will happen any time soon.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcaligirl1985 View Post
It sounds like the only one in need of an 'attitude adjustment' is you. You seem to have very negative opinions of our education system.
Is the alternative, to pretend everything is honky-dory? Isn't that what has us in the mess we currently see? Education in this country is messed up. To pretend it isn't is a joke. And to call those who dare criticize it as "needing an attitude adjustment" is ridiculous. Now, I don't see the overt attitudes as he describes... but I have no reason to not believe it.

By the rationale you present (and one that many others on hear seem to share mind you... please don't think I'm "picking" on you), we should put away any negative criticisms of education if you want "a proper attitude" for teaching. That's bogus. It's like those who say, "Get out of this country" if you dare criticize it.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Cohort

Huntington Beach, CA
Substitute Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lee View Post
By the rationale you present (and one that many others on hear seem to share mind you... please don't think I'm "picking" on you), we should put away any negative criticisms of education if you want "a proper attitude" for teaching. That's bogus. It's like those who say, "Get out of this country" if you dare criticize it.
You mean here. I cannot hear what the the others are saying because I cannot hear them talking.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Maven

Central Ohio
Online English Teacher
Let's avoid picking directly at each other so we don't prove the original post correct.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Cohort

Huntington Beach, CA
Substitute Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnfiddle View Post
Let's avoid picking directly at each other so we don't prove the original post correct.
Certainly. Sorry.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Maven

Central Ohio
Online English Teacher
Just trying to keep the thread constructive and out of danger of closing. There are some interesting discussions to be had in this thread, but I still think the OP's greater complaint is one that was created over 200 years ago and won't change without an amendment to the Constitution.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Thanks, cat.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcaligirl1985 View Post
You mean here. I cannot hear what the the others are saying because I cannot hear them talking.
Haha.
Sorry, this is the way I text with friends (homophones). Forgive me... though I'm happy that it gave you a small measure of retribution. Relax sugar britches... don't take it personal.

Tags
schools, wtf