A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 02-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Enthusiast

2nd Grade Teacher
We can copy whatever we want, whenever we want. We can send things directly from our computers or go down to the work room and copy. No passwords, no monitoring.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Connoisseur

USA
Science
I'm surprised how many schools do no limit copies! Where I taught in the USA we had a code and a number of copies per semester. It was like 2000 per semester or something. Everyone would try to steal each other's numbers to get extra copies. It was crazy.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Companion

Texas
7th grade ELA
This is one thing I love about my little school -- no copy limits! I also love the fact that the teacher's lounge, with the copier, is directly across my room.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Companion

Southwest USA
Early Childhood Teacher
Yikes, that does sound like a hassle. Our system seems downright liberal compared to some of these, what with the passwords and all. Our copiers are open to the staff, although you have to bring your own paper from your classroom. Teachers can also make copy requests and the paras (me included) make the copies once a week on early release days. We rotate so I am only on copy duty about once a month.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Fanatic

Land of Sunshine
MS Language Arts
We can make as many as we want... If you can get a machine and if you have paper.

We also have a lady who'll do the copies for you... But she has a tendency to mess them up.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Groupie

Ohio
We have 3 copiers in our building, and we make our own copies. We are not limited, nor do we have to put in a code.
My district does not buy workbooks, so many things need to be copied, especially from Reading Street. Guess that is why they didn't put a limit, or make us use a code.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissScrimmage View Post
We can copy whatever we want, whenever we want. We can send things directly from our computers or go down to the work room and copy. No passwords, no monitoring.
This exactly. But it will change next year.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Comrade

Long Island
We have to scan our school ID in order to access the two copiers in the building, however, we are strongly encouraged to send everything out in advance to district office. The only problem with this is that you might not always know every single thing you'll need 3+ days in advance, or you might stumble upon something you want to use without having time to give notice.

The two copiers in the building are TERRIBLE and always breaking. TAs and teachers are both allowed a certain number of copies a month on the copiers in the building. If you go over, you can't get more.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

7th Grade Special Education
We order copies through aides, but 15 copies or less can be done by anyone. So I never have to order usually. YAY, SPED!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Connoisseur

U.S.
4th Grade Teacher
Um, you are required to make your own copies unless you have volunteer parents willing to do it for you. We are given a supply of paper. When that runs out you either go without or buy your own paper.

Tags
copies