A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Maven

Southern California
SLP Grad Student & 2 Other Jobs
Sometimes, I actually HATE to go to bed, but I know that if I stay up till 12:30/1am on a work night, that won't be good! I'm a night owl too & even duringt the 11pm hour, I'm not sleepy at all. Normally, the latest I'll go to bed is during the 11pm hour. On days where I have no work the next day, sky's the limit!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM

Little City on the Prairie
Former math teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishdave View Post
BTW my dog is snoring and "Talking" in her sleep. Without being up right now I would have had such a good laugh.
I risked being snubbed by my dog when I got up to get a glass of water. If I hadn't been awake I would have missed the cutest scene ever. My 120lb Mastiff puppy had my 8lb Jack Russel mix in a "death grip snuggle", like the poor little dog was a stuffed animal or something. They were both snoring away. It was adorable.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 AM

Florida
That is a riot, mmswm. And, Dave, your cures for insomnia are fantastic. I haven't worked full-time in over 3 years, so my sleep patterns have gotten very free-form. I love getting into bed with a book for the afternoon. I usually sleep a couple of hours, then go to bed around midnight. Now, though, I have a tutoring job for the equestrian season (through April) and have to get up around 6:15. It is cramping my style.

All of you who sleep only 5 hours, I am in awe. I am like Oscar the Grouch without 8 hours.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Fanatic

Oklahoma
Kindergarten Teacher
I don't sleep...and this morning I am paying for it. My husband woke up at 1:00 a.m. ready to talk. I had been asleep for about ten minutes. Then I couldn't get back to sleep. He turned off my alarm and reset it, making me off schedule. That meant I felt rushed. Then I was pulled over for speeding coming to work...$124 fine!!! I was speeding, I was polite, and I owned it...but the officer still gave me a ticket. This made me late dropping my daughter off...which meant I had to wait in line with the crazy parents who aren't ready to drop their kids off...you know the ones, they pack their backpacks, find their coats, and then spend ten minutes combing their hair all while blocking the drive at drop off!!! Then I was late to school and two parents were parked in my parking space fighting. I just want to go home and cover my head and SLEEP!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Virtuoso

US of A
3/4, Classical Educator
I have the type of sleep disorder where I fall asleep really easy, but can't stay asleep. I wake up constantly during the night. And sometimes I'll be up for hours, or I can fall back to sleep pretty quickly, but I wake up a few minutes later. However, since I started taking melatonin, it's definitely improved quite a bit. I'm sleeping longer now. It's not perfect, but a huge improvement.

And I love going to bed. I love to snuggle in my bed, and watch Netflix on my tablet or read a book.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast

California
Vice Principal (K-5)
You guys are making me feel so much more normal!!! I rarely get more than 5 hours of sleep.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Fanatic

Land of Sunshine
MS Language Arts
I think I'm starting to resent having to go to bed so early. I mean, I should be in bed by 8:30... I keep pushing it later and later. Ugh. I love my job but I want a later start time!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Devotee

East Coast
Primary Elementary Teacher
I feel the same way. I don't like to go to bed because(and this sounds really bad) the sooner I go to sleep, the sooner I have to get up and go back to work

Also, my fiance gets home about 3 - 4 hours after me and when he first comes in, he understandably likes to use the bathroom, change his clothes and destress, so I find myself staying up a little later than I would when I was single because I want to spend some time with him.

I used to say if I go DVR/Tivo I'd stop staying up late to catch my shows and could watch them earlier. Now that i have it, I end up watching my shoes early in the afternoon/evening, then watching other stuff like King of the Hill (which I have literally seen EVERY episode of on Netflix) that comes on late. Or I watch other stuff I've Tivo'd
Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcaligirl1985 View Post
Pft I dont want to hear any of you whining about 1am. I have insomina and couldn't sleep last night until 4am.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Devotee

East Coast
Primary Elementary Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
I don't know why but the comment and your face made me laugh really hard

Tags
bed, hate