A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Rookie

Thanks! :-) No comment on the background in English question... lol I'm actually a criminal justice major doing the career switcher program and I graduated in 2006. I took a couple lit courses but I don't remember anything! I mean I've been reviewing the Cliffs Notes and I just ordered Sparknotes Lit101 as I've seen people speak highly of it. I also have been studying off this site called QUIZLET... which is a pretty awesome site... I'm just nervous about the Lit part basically. I've been reading Summaries here and there and trying to remember characters. I read in someone else's post that we are given 10 Writers to choose from and we have to pick 2 on the test... does that make any sense? Anything you can tell me about the test would be greatly appreciated :-)

Old 10-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Have you looked through the free Tests at a Glance doc that Praxis offers for 0041?

0041 is a multiple choice test. A bit over half the possible points come in literature and literary analysis. Some questions may well require you to identify particular works, but the chances are fairly good that more questions will focus on skills in literary analysis - which is much less dependent on knowing the canon.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Rookie

Thanks... I reviewed a bunch of posts and narrowed it down to around 15 novels to review... hopefully that will help! I'll do what I can to pass this exam. Wish me luck!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Newcomer

La.
Any advice for what works to review for 0041? that is the only part i am worried about? thank you!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Rookie

Well I took the exam twice... first time I had 20 questions left and ran out of time :-( got a 163... 2nd time I had 10 minutes to spare and I got a 162 :-o ... so after reviewing my scores... I seem to be doing really well in the Literature part and identifying works... but my weakness is understanding the poetry and what not... I'm just not that deep :-/ ... so I'm gonna try one more time... I just keep reviewing the same stuff... if anyone has any tips ... pleaaaaaaaaaasse share
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Hugs, smlzattia. You've mentioned being a criminal justice major: I dare say you have some facility in locating and using clues to figure out what happened and to construct a case. Analyzing poetry is a lot like that, actually: you need to identify the perp and the perp's characteristics, form a judgment as to the case, and then make the case using evidence from the scene of the literary crime.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Rookie

Thanks teachergroupie... I just keep taking practice tests and anything I get wrong I look up ... I'll take your advice ;-)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Rookie

Arrrrrrrgh! I failed again!!! got a 167!!! That's a passing score in most of the states! Darn you VA!!!! One more time and I'm gonna have to give up if I don't pass it :~( if anyone has any new resources for Praxis 0041 please share!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Hugs, smlzattia, and congratulations on the four points you picked up!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Newcomer

Indiana
I will be teaching SPED/English
Hello all! As I was searching the web I found this site and it looks as if I am among friends. I too am approaching the praxis II 0041...and for the record, I haven't thought about Herman Melville for years. So just know that I am need of some serious assistance in taming this beast. So if there are any resources still floating around, please send them my way...I'm testing 3/14 with a second chance 4/13--

Thanks so much!!

Tags
0041, free, guide, practice, practice test, praxis, praxis ii, study, study guide, test