A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Rookie

Florida
K-5
FTCE k-6 Am I ready?

I am studying to take the ftce k-6 test. I am a career changer so I enrolled in the American Board online course. I have been studying for my test on their website along with a Cliff Notes book I bought that is specific for the test.

I took a practice test in cliff notes and got a 79%.

I answered the questions I found in the test information guide from the Florida Board of Education for the exam and got a 77%

So here is my issue: I took a practice exam online from the American board and got a 64% The exam seemed insane and didn't cover the arts section that I know is on the exam.

I was feeling so confident until I took this last exam with the American board.

I don't know if anyone has any tips/advice. How did you know if you were ready or what were your study methods.

I want to take this once and pass.

Thanks!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Interesting: there's a section on FTCE that doesn't turn up on "American Board"'s practice test. At that point, I'd start wondering how else the practice test doesn't align with what FTCE K-6 actually tests. Do the "American Board" questions you missed align with the competencies specified by the FLDOE?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Rookie

Florida
K-5
Thanks for the tip.

I want to try and find another sample test from somewhere else. I think if I do well on that one I will feel confident. If anyone has any suggestions with other places I can find a ftce practice test I would appreciate it
Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Rookie

Florida
K-5
I found out what was going on.

The American board subject exam is a whole other test I have to take in order to get certified for them.

So looks like I am ready for the FTCE test. I registered for the soonest available date which was March 9th. After I pass that one I have to brush up for the American board one I guess.

So many exams.....ugh.

At least once I pass the FTCE I can apply for teaching jobs.

Tags
ftce, ready