A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Newcomer

ca
Student Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
Do you still have your books and notes?

Have you already taken RICA, or is this your first attempt?
I thought I did but can't seem to find them (have moved twice since taking the class!). I did buy a couple of prep books on amazon. This will be my first attempt.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Rookie

Thanks peeps! Love the webpage! Yeah
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
kzot04, plan to supplement the prep books with Internet searches on the terminology they give you.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Newcomer

United States
In need of help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsimpkins View Post
If you PM me I have a study guide I developed when I was being tutored for the RICA. I also have it blank, so you can practice filing it out without the words.
Hello! I'm scheduled to take the RICA this upcoming May 14th. I'm really nervous in taking this test and would like to get any and all the help I can get. My next question is if you could please help me with anything in order to pass this test?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, lupeeric. Have you taken RICA before, or will this be your first attempt?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Comrade

California
4th Grade
I used Words their Way to study and I also studied the practice Rica on their website. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Newcomer

United States
Hello, everyone!! This will be my first time taking this test....... I just took Cset 3 a week ago and now I'm getting ready for the Rica...... I finished my credential program and these two tests are the only thing holding me from getting a job...... Once I get everything done for sure I'll come back here to help any other future teacher going through these test
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
So you've had your reading instruction methodology coursework, yes? Your notes and textbooks are likely to be good sources for the technical terminology you need to know in order to answer the questions in ways that will make the scorers happy.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:50 AM
Rookie

CA
5th Grade Teacher
RICA Study Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsimpkins View Post
Send me a private message with your email and I can email you a RICA study guide that I developed when I was being tutored for the RICA. I have helped many with this too and it's FREE.
Hi, I earned my Preliminary Credential using Peace Corps experience but need to pass the RICA this summer to earn Clear Credential. I live overseas still and cannot buy a study book. vsimpkins would you please PM your study guide to me. Thank You
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, bigcam87! How long has it been since your reading instruction methodology coursework? Are you still teaching K-6 or the equivalent?

Tags
passing, rica, secret