A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Maven

Southern California
SLP & 2 Other Jobs
Enjoying Your Drive to Work

Honestly, I enjoy my drive to work. Do you? It's my last chance to be relaxed, cozy, listen to music, enjoy the quiet, etc. before I have to get out of the car to walk to my tiny room. It takes me about 20 min to get to work, but sometimes, I actually wish the drive was a tad longer, but I don't want to have to wake up any earlier!

I'm sure some of you know what I mean.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Guru

The other day in my very short drive to school, I braked for two bunnies, waited what seemed like forever for a skunk to decide which direction he or she wanted to go...slowly zigzagging left and right, dodged that barn cat that escapes death a few times a week, and drove about five miles an hour at the curve because there were eight or nine deer (that I could see) roaming about. I was laughing because the critters just kept coming! I love nature and wildlife so that sort of experience is both stressful (nearly killing animals) and fun (they're cute), but to say I "enjoy" the drive in general would be a stretch. I would rather teleport.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Cohort

California
4th Grade Teacher
yeah....I'm in stop and go traffic for about 30-45 min to travel a total distance of 13 miles. Not the most relaxing. I do end up sitting in my car for a minute in the parking lot before I get out, enjoying the quiet.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Companion

Iowa
Social Work Student
If I take the long way to get to work it takes me approximately 3 minutes. If I take the short way and go down a large hill and up a large hill it takes me 2 minutes. I live about 2 1/2 -3 blocks from where I work. I love it!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Comrade

Kentucky
It takes about 20 min. for me to get to work. There is very little traffic and four lane roads. I can think through my day and relax only when I am not running late! I do enjoy the drive though.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Aficionado

New Brunswick, Canada
4th Grade Teacher
I live really close to one of my schools, and fairly close to the other. What irritates me is that I have to drive my wife 20 minutes in the opposite direction first. That means that a 15 minute drive to the school I go to most mornings turns into a 35 minute drive.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Multitudinous

Texas
It takes me about 15 minutes to get to work. Normally I enjoy my drive once I get past the red lights. The only time it's not enjoyable is 1)when I hit all the red lights...and 2) when I get behind a slow vehicle and can't pass them.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
I don't mind my drive to work unless the weather is bad. I do enjoy listening to a few radio stations on the way. I used to love the movie trivia they did on one station every morning but they got a new guy and he doesn't do it
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Connoisseur

CA
5th grade teacher
I love my drive. It's about 20-25 minutes each way on the freeway with no traffic. I like having the chance to gear up for work, and at the end of the day, it's a nice time to reflect and decompress. I actually don't think I'd like having a shorter drive.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Aficionado

Middle of the USA
HS English & Psych, Adjunct too
I love my drive, particularly on the way home. I tune into NPR and get caught up on info. It is very relaxing.

Tags
drive, enjoying, work