A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Multitudinous

Texas
Oh, Reeses Cups are my nemesis!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Enthusiast

California
Vice Principal (K-5)
For Christmas, I got quite a few boxes of See's Candies from my kiddos.

When I commented that I was so happy about getting so much chocolate, one of my kiddos chimed in, "...yeah--you eat chocolate every single day after lunch."

Couldn't help but laugh. These kids know me too well. They notice everything!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Maven

Central Ohio
Online English Teacher
Carbs are my weakness. I'd take a plate of sauced pasta over a plate of gooey cookies. At my lowest, I used to eat a half-loaf of white bread while watching TV and call that dinner. Rockhubby has that impulse of mine under control, and I only allow myself pasta a couple of times a month. Not easy!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Aficionado

USA
2nd Grade Teacher
My weakness is anything unhealthy-chips, ice cream, candy, chocolate, sweets, crackers...And when I binge, I go all out! I can eat an entire bag of Chex Mix or Goldfish crackers in minutes. There were Oreos in the staff lounge last week, and I think I ate about 15-20 (no one was in there...I took a few at a time-yikes!). I can't control myself!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Multitudinous

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnfiddle View Post
Carbs are my weakness. I'd take a plate of sauced pasta over a plate of gooey cookies. At my lowest, I used to eat a half-loaf of white bread while watching TV and call that dinner. Rockhubby has that impulse of mine under control, and I only allow myself pasta a couple of times a month. Not easy!
I'm eating manicotti right now! I love pasta!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Groupie

SoCal
High School English
Just had a conversation with one of my oldest friends. She has cut out all sugar completely. She said it was an addiction and trying to eat it in moderation was not working. She said she was in withdrawal the first 3 or 4 days. I can't imagine going that far, but she looks great.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7/8
I have more or less eliminated grains from my diet. The first couple of days were tough, but I don't crave them anymore. In fact, when I do have them, I feel tired and bloated.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Devotee

New York
HS Mathematics, Performing Arts
My enemies are Reeses and Chinese food, omg.

It's really hard for me to eat crappy because of all my food allergies, which is a good and bad thing I guess. I can indulge every once in a while but I pay the price depending on what's in the food.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Phenom

Western USA
K-3 Sped Resource Teacher
My mom had to cut out sugar completely for 2 months before surgery. She swears she quit craving it and it doesn't even sound good to her anymore.

I have a really hard time eating healthy too. My problem is I don't even like "healthy" food at all- I only eat it because it's healthy. One of the things that's been most successful for me is finding ways to make what I like healthier. I will never be the "salmon and asparagus" type. I also find that I don't really care what I eat at school b/c what I most look forward to is talking to adults and sitting donw, lol. So every day for lunch I bring a spinach salad (no dressing) and put fruit and a serving of nuts over it. I also just eat a piece of fruit for breakfast, and some other vegetable as a snack for my grade level team meeting. At least I'm getting a lot of nutrition in at school! Then I try to just stay within a certain calorie amount for dinner. I figure you have to start somewhere. I've lost a little over 10 pounds so far doing this and working out for just 30 minutes 4 days a week.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 AM
Connoisseur

USA
Science
Even though I love food and eating, I'm super lazy. I would rather not eat than cook myself something. And since we never buy easy snacks- cookies, chips, etc, I never snack. And because there are no addresses here (no street names or numbers) and I'm not sure how to tell delivery people to get to our apartment, I never order food.

Tags
eating, healthy