A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Comrade

Long Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPapa View Post
Hey fellow NY teachers…I FINALLY passed the multi-subject after the third try!!!!! I am SO EXCITED! I also passed the students with disabilities CST, which is needed for my childhood special ed degree, which was a miracle because taking that was hell. Got both passing results at the same time, best birthday present ever!

Now I need to figure out how to apply for the license. Do you have to apply for it or does the graduate program I'm in do it?
Congrats! If you are in a masters program, typically they do it, but you have to file paperwork with them. I went to Hofstra; they have a designated certification office in the education building. I would pay yours a visit wherever you go to school to ask questions so that you are 100% certain that you will have an application for certification filed.

Did you complete the seminars?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Newcomer

That's awesome news! I have not tried again, still lacking confidence. Currently, finding alternatives to my career, because I just completed my masters & starting substitute teaching instead of full-time classroom teaching, because I I'unablefeel unable to pass the CST. Seems useless after failing 4x with different results. Good luck with all your endeavours you all .
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Could be you just need a different kind of help, Star2000s. What have you been doing to prepare, and on which domains are you getting stuck?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:38 AM
Rookie

New York City, NY
Speech
Help with CST multi subject

Hi Miss PAPA

I am struggling with this test... What did you do differently your third time around? Help!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:45 AM
Rookie

New York City, NY
Speech
Star, I've failed more than 4x... and Because my masters is in Education, and my school will not allow me to graduate without passing this exam. With only 3 courses shy from graduating, I'm being tortured with not being able to pass this freaking test.

I myself started seeking other alternatives in the field of education, but i still need to pass this test in order to graduate!! :-( I feel completely illiterate!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Hugs, Linda8416.

It's hard to give worthwhile advice without a bit more information. What do your score reports have to say about domains (content areas) in which you're struggling? Or what is YOUR sense of what it is that's giving you grief?

Tags
cst, multisubject