A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Virtuoso

US of A
3/4, Classical Educator
One, I don't think you are overreacting based on what you shared later on. I could see someone being petty like that....

Two, AAAAW MAN! That's such a bummer that you do not like Japanese food. It's sooo yummy and healthy for you. The miso soup, the sushi, udon, yum!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Fanatic

Giraffe,

I must ask if you know she is snarky and didn't share that information, why did you ask us if you were overreacting only to come back and tell us that she is snarky and that is how she plays mean?

I understand venting because my old snarky teammate did it again, but I just don't understand leaving out information you deemed pertinent enough to justify your reaction and still asking if you are overreacting. It makes me feel like you were setting posters up to turn around and say I told you so. I'm not saying that was your intent, but that is how it made me feel.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2z View Post
I just don't understand leaving out information you deemed pertinent enough to justify your reaction and still asking if you are overreacting. It makes me feel like you were setting posters up to turn around and say I told you so. I'm not saying that was your intent, but that is how it made me feel.

She's had a whirlwind of week. Just saying...
Old 01-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Virtuoso

MICHIGAN
6th Grade Math/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post

She's had a whirlwind of week. Just saying...
This. I was very on edge and about to break down. I really didn't have an accessible person at that time, so I turned to here.
It is not my normal type of post- I will vent from time to time, but this was a little extreme for me! I was on the verge of either breaking down and crying or screaming at someone.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Multitudinous

Texas
giraffe
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Virtuoso

US of A
3/4, Classical Educator
Giraffe, been there! I don't know how many times last year I had almost walked out of a job. It's been difficult, for some reason. Maybe my patience is wearing thin.....

Hugs, take it a day at a time. Did you start your new class yet (I'm a bit behind in what's going on... sounds like you started a new grade and a new class)? How did it go?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Virtuoso

MICHIGAN
6th Grade Math/SS
I started with my new class yesterday. I feel like a sub though. I realized today that it may have a lot to do with the fact that very few things are 'mine'. She left a lot of things for me to borrow and I haven't had time to change over bulletin boards yet. I'm hoping changing things over to 'me' will help me feel less like a sub! Plus getting used to the grade level and stuff will take a little time!

(And in regards to the previous post- I realized I have never withheld information. I may not have put it in THIS thread, but I have been very vocal on these boards for YEARS about my witchy co-worker!!!)
Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffe326 View Post
(And in regards to the previous post- I realized I have never withheld information. I may not have put it in THIS thread, but I have been very vocal on these boards for YEARS about my witchy co-worker!!!)
Guess it is my fault for not following your previous postings about your witchy co-worker closely enough to realize the connection. I actually don't remember any rantings about your witchy co-worker, so I just went by the information presented in the post that didn't indicate you have had lots of problems with this person in the past. I apologize for not either reading or remembering your background stories. I see many other posters had the same problem because many said you were over reacting, too.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Virtuoso

MICHIGAN
6th Grade Math/SS
I don't expect you to remember everything about every member. (I don't.)
I was extremely upset when I posted it, and I really have no idea why I even asked if I was overreacting. It is definitely an over-the-top post for me. Very atypical, but a testament to my stress level this week. I had literally no one at school that I could talk to- there are only 2 people that will not tell her everything I say about her and neither of them were there.

Where it was a little upsetting is when you made a comment about withholding information just to get a rise out of people. As I said, I don't expect everyone to remember everything. But just this week, I have changed rooms and grade levels after 5.5 years teaching the same grade level. I moved to get away from the person in question. You can find threads dating back to September 2007 (about 3 weeks into my first year) and as recently as a week or so ago of my complaining about this woman.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffe326 View Post
Where it was a little upsetting is when you made a comment about withholding information just to get a rise out of people.
For what it's worth, I think it was quite a silly thing to have suggested.

Tags
rude