A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Just making sure... Now let me fish for experiences to anchor your study to: Have you done your student teaching yet?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Rookie

CA
I haven't done my student teaching yet but have had some time in the classroom during observations to work with students one-on-one and in small groups of 2-3. I'm hoping to be placed by the end of the month.

I completed the RICA practice exam from the website. Seems like the area I need to review the most is Competency 6, Phonics and Sight Words Instruction and Assessment.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
As you work through the content, think back to your experiences with students: where possible, illustrate the principles and terminology you need to know with examples involving students that you've worked with and activities that you've seen or helped implement in the classroom.

Make sure you're up on the technical terminology of reading and reading instruction. The resources you had (and, I hope kept) for your reading-instruction methodology coursework should contain one or more glossaries: if you don't know some terms, look them up on Google.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Rookie

CA
Sounds good! I felt the same about the terminology after taking the practice exam; I definitely need to brush up on some of the vocabulary. Thank you for your suggestions =)
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Newcomer

ca
Student Teacher
Are there any study guides to the rica people found helpful? I found one on amazon called something like RICA secrets that has no reviews...I so regret not taking this after my methodology class!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Newcomer

ca
Student Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsimpkins View Post
Received your message, sent documents and wish you true success.
I would love a copy of your study documents as well but can't pm you when I click on your name...maybe b/c I am a new member? Anyone know? Or for those who got a copy from vsimpkins, anyone willing to forward the docs along to me? thanks in advance!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, kzot04. How long ago were your methodology courses?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Newcomer

ca
Student Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
Welcome to A to Z, kzot04. How long ago were your methodology courses?
about 2 years ago!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Do you still have your books and notes?

Have you already taken RICA, or is this your first attempt?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Rookie

I am getting ready to take the test, any advice or anybody wants to have a study session... I don't plan on taking this test twice, I saw how much the test is! Ouch! Darn! Wow! What the hecKKK!!!

Tags
passing, rica, secret