A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
How have you been studying? What materials are you using, and what are you doing with them?

Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Rookie

texas
8th Grade Teacher
thats the point i dont know what to study anymore...im just lost i need a new beginning.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
I'll guess that you're coming up short on the technical terminology of language teaching. Go to this page (http://www.stanford.edu/~hakuta/www/.../calvstex4.htm) for links on English language development standards and related materials in California and in Texas. Each of these documents contains terminology that you need to know and be able to use.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Rookie

texas
8th Grade Teacher
:0

thanks but it looks like the webpage is no longer available. I have kinda studied the TEKS but it is a lot and i dont think much of the test is TEKS....any other useful link just pass them my way.
Thanks!
p.s. sorry i hand check back i was busy with school and lesson planning
Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Um. I found that page while researching stuff for you: try it again.

The point is that teacher materials for these tests tend to use terminology for which you're responsible - and, aside from state-specific programs, the terminology should show broad commonalities from state to state.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Newcomer

Texas
Primary Elementary Teacher
Help Please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicity5 View Post
I passed the 2nd time! Guess it wasn't as impossible as a I thought. Good luck to all. Thanks for chatting.
Hello
On December 7th is the first time I will take the lote 613 and I am very vervous to fail it. I bought the practice test from texespanish and I am studying those. Do you think those test are not going to help me for the test?
Any tips for the test. Please I really need to pass it in the first time
Old 01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Newcomer

dallas, tX
Felocity5, Congrats! What did you study? Was there a particular book or online source for Pedagogy that was helpful?

I've taken it 4 times now and am very frustrated.

thanks,
margarita
Old 01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Newcomer

dallas, tX
Teachergroupie

I am also having problems with the pedagogy and have not had a class or formal training. Is their a book or course you could recommend?

Thank you!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
See if you can find a recent edition - 3d ed or later - of Diaz-Rico & Weed's Cultural, Language, and Academic Diversity Handbook. It's pretty thorough, especially if you use the Internet to look up more examples/explanations of specific terms.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Newcomer

Texas
High School Teacher
I have also failed the test several times and equally frustrated. I also bought the book recommended and studied. The most frustrating part of taking the test and failing is the feedback is poor on what one is not passing. So this, in turn, makes it very difficult to study for. My college degree is in Spanish, but I cannot seem to pass this test!
Sincerely,
Frustrated Teacher
who will soon become unemployed if unable to pass LOTE

Tags
613, lote, spanish, texes