A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > A to Z Teacher Stuff > Forum Guidelines & How-Tos

Old 05-30-2012, 01:42 PM
A to Z Teacher Stuff Owner

Missouri
Former K/1 Teacher
Having trouble registering?

In recent months, it has become more and more common for users to have problems completing registration at this forum. It says a required field was left blank.

If you encounter this problem, I am guessing you may be using the newest version of Internet Explorer. Something about the new browser makes it incompatible with the current registration form. I have not found a solution, but am planning a major upgrade to the forum which should resolve this issue.

In the mean time, we still have many new users registering successfully. If you are unable to register, please try using another browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Newcomer

United States
Yes, I just had this problem using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows Vista Home.

But I then went to Tools and chose Compatibility View on the IE toolbar,

and everything worked fine for registration. Hope this helps!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 PM

Missouri
Former K/1 Teacher
Thanks for the workaround, cuberoot.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Devotee

Rhode Island
Dyslexia Tutor
Hi Amanda,
The mom of one of my students has been trying to join the forum for the last three weeks. She's tried everything, including sending e-mails, and nothing works. I have tried to set up the account for her and haven't had any success either.

It seems that immediately after agreeing to the TERMS a field comes up that says you've missed filling in a field and it won't allow you to go on. I can't figure out what it wants you togo back and fill in.

I've tried Firefox, too, and it makes no difference. Can you help her get registered? Evidently, this has been going on for quite a while.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
In recent months, it has become more and more common for users to have problems completing registration at this forum. It says a required field was left blank.

If you encounter this problem, I am guessing you may be using the newest version of Internet Explorer. Something about the new browser makes it incompatible with the current registration form. I have not found a solution, but am planning a major upgrade to the forum which should resolve this issue.

In the mean time, we still have many new users registering successfully. If you are unable to register, please try using another browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:01 AM

Missouri
Former K/1 Teacher
Other users have reported success by doing this: Go to Tools and chose Compatibility View on the IE toolbar.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Devotee

Rhode Island
Dyslexia Tutor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Other users have reported success by doing this: Go to Tools and chose Compatibility View on the IE toolbar.
I'm using a MacBook with either Safari or Firefox. Any fix for that?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Newcomer

Miami
Still in College!
Disabling my Ad-Block addon resolved my issue with this
Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 PM
kinder124

I'm on a Mac and I had trouble using Chrome and Safari, but I opened an Incognito window in Chrome, which allowed me to register. Hope it helps!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM
unclemityai

On a Mac, running the latest version of Firefox (though this should work an any computer)

1. go the window where you normally click the box to register

2. in the upper menu go to View>Character Encoding>Western (ISO-8859-1) (kudos mrktez for catching my snafu)

3. (this is very important!) reload the page, either hit command-R (or control-R if using windows) or go to View>Reload (Safari will reload page automatically, also hats off to mrktez)

4. Proceed with registration as normal

That worked for me, I tested it a few times after I registered and every time after I changed the encoding and reloaded the page it let me though to finish the registration; where before it would give me the same "left field blank" error

This should in theory work on any computer running the latest version of Firefox, be it Mac, Windows or Linux if my theory on why the error is occurring is correct (which is probably isn't)

Cheers
Old 07-31-2013, 11:27 PM

Missouri
Former K/1 Teacher
I made a change that I am hoping fixed the problem.

Tags
registering, trouble