A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Newcomer

EC-6

Can you give some examples of the words/phrases you referring to. Thanks. I am preparing to take the test and it is so much information that any tips will be helpful right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texjess2010 View Post
Is this the TexEs? If so, I did not take that test but the Gen. 4-8 yesterday and passed. They are created just about the same. I would say that worked for me was going through each and every competency and looking up the meaning of the words/phrases that aren't so clear to you because the tests refer back to them. I must have googled about 50 different phrases and words! That and doing the study guide from the state. Other stuff did not help me near as much and the questions are too random. The focus is on how to apply the competencies. I did find that the TAKS study guide that students use (I just checked one out from the library) has an outline of historical events that apply to the Social Studies.

Good luck to you! *PS, if this isnt for the Texas test, sorry!!

Old 07-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Newcomer

Can you email me a list of the strageties you used. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Rookie

TEXAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highly_Favored View Post
I sat for the test the second time yesterday and passed. I took this test for the first time in january, did not cover the study guide completely and failed by three points. however, this time i covered that sucker from cover to cover and focused hard on the science because i did poorly in this subject area the first time, and passed. i did find the retake to be a bit more intense then the first test. i covered the material in the study guide in about seven days and felt had i done this the first time i would not have needed a retake. I used the Pass the TExES Generalist EC-6 by joe kortz, vickie hester, and vicki green to prepare.

Good Luck, u can do it!!!!
for the second time, is the test almost the same or different in a way did you thought it was harder or easier than the first time you took it. I am planning on taking it again. the first time I took the exam the questions were mostly set as classroom setting is it the same for the second time or different.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Newcomer

TX
would love to see your strategies!

Hi! I am about to take the test for the very first time on Wednesday. I have a job waiting for me if I pass. Do you think you could share your list of strategies with me? I would be forever grateful!
Just message me back and I will send you my e-mail address.
Thanks so much!!!

C.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Newcomer

I am frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Hi,

I am Javier. Could you help me with those strategies. I am taking the EC-6 Generalist for the fourth time. My e-mail is [email]EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead[/email].
Hi I am a desperate paraprofessional that has taken the EC-6 Generlaist for the seventh tim . Could you help me with those strategies. My e-mail is [email]EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead[/email]
I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Newcomer

texas
I am extremely Frustrated I have taken the ec-6 generalist 3 times
the first time I took it, I received a 226
the second time 228
the third time 232

can some one help me pass it I have registered to take it again on march 26
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Rookie

TEXAS
I took EC6 and did not do very well on it. I am planning on taking it again soon can you help me with hints to find a correct answer to make it easy for me.

EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulous red View Post
I have a list of strategies that I found very helpful. look at two answers at a time..find the best out of those two..compared that to C..and so on.
answers with 2 skills are not your answers..paper pencil activities not your answers..teacher benefit answers, not your answers....stuff like that. Let me know and I can send you the strategies via personal email.
since I took a computer test, I used all the scratch paper provided by wrtiting "1" then a.b.c.d..scratching out a letter as I eliminated it. I used a book called "Put Reading First" from the National Institure for Literacy. Most of the English terms, phonemes ect. and examples of such are in that book.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Rookie

Hey guys,

I am desperate for any adive yall can give me to passing the Generalist EC-6 exam. I will be taking it for the 5th time in April and i dont know what more I can do to pass. I have a hard time in the social studies and science parts.. If anyone has advice please let me know! I need prayers and stratagies!

Thank You
Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, steelerfever1. (I infer that your not a native Texan.) How close are you coming to passing, and what have you been doing to prepare?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Rookie

Well this last time I felt more prepared than the last and I made a worse score. The first time was a 220, second was a 232, third was 234, and this last time was a 225. I have been using the Cliff notes book as well as the TExEs teacher certification test prep by Dr. Luis Rosado. I do the sample tests in the back and check my answers, I have also googled a lot of termonlogy online, made notecards, I dont know whatelse to do. I was told to try a different study book one that is called Big Yellow book the Ultimate Guide to the Generalist EC-6th TExES. I was going to try that one as well. I recently downloaded an app that has sample questions as well that I have been working on. There have been times that I have gotten so close to passing it and I feel like maybe I am just studying all wrong for it! Please Help!

Tags
ec6, generalist