A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Rookie

NC
Business Education
Hello one and all. I found out I pass the NC Business education test. I am so happy. Here so advice I would give to all, study as much as you can. There are questions thrown in I had no clue about. Lots of Business law questions, marketing, a few accounting question, where I did not even need a calculator. What I did was as I was going thru the test I was stuck at one point. I got to question 78 and decided to go to the last question on the test and work my way back...it got easier.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Congratulations, ggayle68! Good job figuring out how to deal with being stuck!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Newcomer

NC
2nd Grade Teacher
Business Praxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggayle68 View Post
Hello one and all. I found out I pass the NC Business education test. I am so happy. Here so advice I would give to all, study as much as you can. There are questions thrown in I had no clue about. Lots of Business law questions, marketing, a few accounting question, where I did not even need a calculator. What I did was as I was going thru the test I was stuck at one point. I got to question 78 and decided to go to the last question on the test and work my way back...it got easier.

Congratulations on passing your test!! Do u have study materials to sell? I'm planning to take my test in July.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Newcomer

NC
2nd Grade Teacher
Business Praxis

Does anyone have flash cards or study guides to sell? I'm planning to take the test next month.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Barnes & Noble has some SparkCharts that you might find helpful, sparker: these are laminated study guides that are stocked in wire racks in or near the study guide section, and there are SparkCharts for accounting, finance, marketing, management, and an assortment of computer apps.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Newcomer

NC
2nd Grade Teacher
Thanks TeacherGroupie
Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Newcomer

alabama
HELP

I am certified in Florida and have been teaching business for 10 years. The state I just moved to is requiring I take the PRAXIS. It seems to have a lot more economics on it. Anyone have another way to study other than the study guide you buy? Or help with questions, answers, anything will help!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Newcomer

alabama
what flashcards did you use
Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to our playground, hklh3345. I mentioned SparkCharts above; there are SparkCharts on microeconomics and macroeconomics, and they work very well as lists of concepts to look up on Answers.com just to make sure you know 'em.

The Internet is very much your friend here.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Newcomer

VA
Just Passed The Business Content Knowledge Praxis 2 Exam

Just wanted to share the good news I got my test results today, I took the exam on June 28, 2014. I am a career switcher coming from IT for 17 years, was ready to make a change. To those that are nervous don't worry while the test is reasonably challenging it is not that difficult. I wish I can recommend study materials but I took the test cold. My experience basically got me through the exam. I think it is important to know your raw cut score, which is the number of questions you need right. What I realized is perfection takes a back seat to passing the exam. The real key is covering all concepts that is needed to pass and that means that you don't have to be perfect you just need to know enough to pass. On average people who pass this exam average between 164 and 183 out of a scaled score of 200. So there is wiggle room for error, where I live in Virginia the cut score is 78 for other states it may be higher or lower. Bottom line don't feel like you need to know everything that is impossible just focus your studies on the content of the exam that you are weak in.

Good Luck and God Speed !!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
0100, business, education, praxis