A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Subjects > P.E. Teachers

Old 08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Companion

Northeast
Primary Elementary Teacher
P.E. Teachers - share your class incentive ideas!

Hi everyone! Starting out a new year as a new P.E. Teacher. I am looking for some fun ways to motivate the students as a class. I would like to honor a class each week (or maybe every other week) for exhibiting great behavior, participation, etc.

Any ideas???

Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Newcomer

TN
P.E. Teacher
As far as participation goes, something fun my teacher mentor did to motivate students to bring proper footwear was the Big Shoe award.

If an entire class (Say, Mrs. Higginbottom's class) wore appropriate footwear for PE, they would get a sticker placed on a board that tracked the month's progress. At the end of the month, the class with the most stickers got to take a picture with a GIANT basketball shoe. It was comical how big the thing was compared to the kiddos, haha. They got a kick out of it.

She did this for each grade level and their pictures would be displayed right by the doors to the gym.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Newcomer

CA
P.E. Teacher
Make/buy a huge trophy from the local thrift store. The best class at the end of the week gets it.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Newcomer

USA
Dance Teacher for Kids
For my classes, every student who has perfect attendance gets entered to win a prize. They know what the prize is ahead of time and it's a great incentive!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Companion

High School Science
in my kids elementary school, the elective teachers would give the top scoring class an award each 9 weeks (same trophy would move around the school). They gave weekly points (1-10) for how the class did in music, PE, library, etc.

Tags
class, ideas, incentive, share, teachers