A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Comrade

Santa Clarita/CA
K-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalsunshine View Post
Passed!!
I'm so happy for you. Takes a load off you.
Good luck on your path.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Congratulations, eternalsunshine!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Novice

CA, USA
Thank you Vsimpkins and TG! Now I kind of think I shouldn't have put off so long!

For anyone still studying, I searched Chris Boosalis videos on you tube while studying for the case study. I had studied for RICA from other books pretty extensively but felt shaky with the case study. I don't know much about him, but he helped me a great deal on how to approach the case studies. So as they say--this is not medical advice lol, but for me, I found that his approach helped me think in a more focused and organized way about the case study. Hope that will help someone!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Companion

CA
Rica

I didn't study for this test and I passed! I thought it was pretty easy. I almost didn't go on the morning of, because I was afraid that I wouln't pass and I did.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsimpkins View Post
If you PM me I have a study guide I developed when I was being tutored for the RICA. I also have it blank, so you can practice filing it out without the words.
Hi vsimpkins...I have the same problem and cannot pm you. I know it's been a long time since your original post about the study guide, but I was wondering if it was still available. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Rookie

CA
vsimpkins, I'm beginning my RICA studies and would like to request your study guide as well. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
JaxAttax and twingklez, my sympathies. About how close are you coming to passing? Are there particular domains with which you're struggling (fewer than two plus marks)? Are your case studies all right, or are areas identified in which you need to improve?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Rookie

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
JaxAttax and twingklez, my sympathies. About how close are you coming to passing? Are there particular domains with which you're struggling (fewer than two plus marks)? Are your case studies all right, or are areas identified in which you need to improve?
Hi TeacherGroupie!
I have not taken the exam yet. I'm just barely cracking the study guide open (Revised RICA, 3rd ed.). Do you recommend taking a practice test first to see how I score and then proceed with studying?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Forgive me for leaping to an assumption, twingklez - most people who post to A to Z about RICA post because they haven't passed. Have you had reading instruction methodology coursework?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Rookie

CA
Yes, I've taken a methodology course.

Tags
passing, rica, secret