A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > A to Z Teacher Stuff > Forum Guidelines & How-Tos

Old 09-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Multitudinous

Option to hide an entire thread?

I'm wonder if this is an option now or if it will be an option on the new forum (when it changes over).

Sometimes I'd like to hide an entire thread. I don't want to see it when I click on "All Posts". I don't want it to reappear at a later date when someone bumps it by posting in it. I want it gone forever.

There are certain topics that really bother me. Right now there's a thread which, I think, is about animal abuse. I only know that much because I hovered over the post in my "All Posts" listing and I saw the title of a news article linked to in the post. While I understand that others may want to discuss that stuff, I don't. Even seeing it in my "All Posts", just simply knowing that it's there, is upsetting to me. I don't even have words for how much this sort of thing bothers me. I feel sort of ambushed when I see those sorts of threads because I don't expect to see them on A to Z. I feel the same way when people post pictures of a similar nature on Facebook. It honestly and truly affects me in a hugely negative way and I usually end up having a sobbing fit.

I don't want to impede upon anyone's right to post about those things, so I'm not asking for a policy change. I would, however, prefer to have the option to remove those sorts of posts from my A to Z experience.

Right now I don't know how to hide an entire thread; I don't even know if that's an option. If it is an option, I assume it's something that I have to do once I'm "inside" the thread, already viewing the posts. I'd prefer to have an option to hide the thread from "outside" the thread, as it appears in my "All Posts", for example, so that I can avoid having to read it.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Guru

This is why I am sure some people have hidden my Facebook posts like we were discussing the other day in czacza's thread. I feel obligated to share animal-related issues I believe people should be aware of. My Pinterest is much "worse", and I cry a lot as well...but I can't turn from the reality if it all. Wish I could sometimes, so I understand your thoughts on the matter.

Anyway, interesting concept. I think it would be a useful tool!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Multitudinous

JustMe, I completely understand where you're coming from. I get it that the issue needs to be spread far and wide. For me, though, it affects me at a deep psychological level. I honestly can't function. It happens when I'm watching Cheaters or something on TV and all of a sudden that awful Sarah McLachlan commercial comes on. Just the music alone is enough to shut me down for a good hour. I have fallen over the ottoman in an attempt to run across the living room to grab the remote so that I can turn the channel before the commercial really starts in. I just can't deal with that stuff.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Maven

U.S.A.
Preschool Teacher
Caesar, I'm the same way as you about this issue. I can't watch it on t.v, have to turn the channel quickly. On FB I "hide" the posts. It bothers me as it does you. I can't be reminded. I understand your need to get it out of your mind quickly.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
This is why I am sure some people have hidden my Facebook posts like we were discussing the other day in czacza's thread. I feel obligated to share animal-related issues I believe people should be aware of. My Pinterest is much "worse", and I cry a lot as well...but I can't turn from the reality if it all. Wish I could sometimes, so I understand your thoughts on the matter.

Anyway, interesting concept. I think it would be a useful tool!
W hat thread? Pm me.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Companion

Nevada
2nd Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar753 View Post
It happens when I'm watching Cheaters or something on TV and all of a sudden that awful Sarah McLachlan commercial comes on. Just the music alone is enough to shut me down for a good hour. I have fallen over the ottoman in an attempt to run across the living room to grab the remote so that I can turn the channel before the commercial really starts in. I just can't deal with that stuff.
I HATE that commercial! I can't watch it. As soon as the song comes on, I have to change the channel. I just can't stand to see it at all. It upsets me way too much.

Tags
entire, hide, option, thread