A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Part of it, Peachy, is that I'm fairly good at Google and well acquainted with Answers.com; part is having an oddly wide-ranging liberal arts education plus time in an academic graduate program; part is confidence in my ability to construct an answer that makes sense when I know the principles that underlie it; part is that rummaging around teacher tests tends to leave one with a permanent residue of remarkable little factlets; and part is that "teacher groupie" is not merely a username but a descriptor.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Companion

Central CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
joe, you wouldn't even be eligible for Science (Specialized) in physics under your second scenario, and that's the only possibility that excludes general science: you'd apply for Science in physics on the strength of the subtests you'd have passed, and the general-science authorization comes as part of the package.

And you're welcome.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying. So I should just wait until I have completed the 3rd subtest to apply for the physics credential because the general science authorization will be included as well? I don't plan to do anything with a foundational-science credential anytime soon so I'm trying to save myself money by only applying once.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Habitué

I just wanted to comment here because I found this thread when I was googling around for information about CSET score releases and I figured others might end up in the same boat. My CSET scores (multiple subject) were released on the website at EXACTLY the time they said they would be in the email, which in my case was 10pm. I didn't receive them through any other method.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeschmoe View Post
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying. So I should just wait until I have completed the 3rd subtest to apply for the physics credential because the general science authorization will be included as well? I don't plan to do anything with a foundational-science credential anytime soon so I'm trying to save myself money by only applying once.
Sorry I missed this earlier, joeschmoe. For you, the answer is yes: you can apply for the regular Science credential with the physics specialization and the general-science endorsement as a one-shot deal on the strength of having passed Subtests I and II, once you've also passed Subtest III in physics.

I generally recommend springing for the general-science authorization separately in the case of someone who needs the authorization to student teach or to get admitted to a credential program - but it seems that neither of those cases pertains to you, and that's fine.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Companion

Central CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post
I just wanted to comment here because I found this thread when I was googling around for information about CSET score releases and I figured others might end up in the same boat. My CSET scores (multiple subject) were released on the website at EXACTLY the time they said they would be in the email, which in my case was 10pm. I didn't receive them through any other method.

Yeah they changed it. My score used to come via e-mail at 10AM in the morning the day the scores are released. Then they would send a hard copy out the same week. I called the CSET and they said from now on, there will be no hard copies sent out. You need to download the PDF file and store it in a safe place!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Companion

Central CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
Sorry I missed this earlier, joeschmoe. For you, the answer is yes: you can apply for the regular Science credential with the physics specialization and the general-science endorsement as a one-shot deal on the strength of having passed Subtests I and II, once you've also passed Subtest III in physics.

I generally recommend springing for the general-science authorization separately in the case of someone who needs the authorization to student teach or to get admitted to a credential program - but it seems that neither of those cases pertains to you, and that's fine.

Thanks TeacherGroupie. I'm gonna take the physics test in January and hopefully pass. I'll then apply straight for the physics credential then.

Tags
cset, late, reporting, score, today