A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Aficionado

New Brunswick, Canada
A little bit of everything...
Dream job!

I happened to be looking at the district website, and discovered a job posting there for my absolute dream job! It is to be a Tech Mentor, and would involve being based at District Office and travelling to schools in the district to help teachers integrate tech in their lessons. It is from January to June, and would mean full time pay (right now I'm working four days/week at two different schools, with five different jobs, so this position seems extra sweet.)

I'm not sure what my chances are. Our district recently amalgamated with two other districts, to create three "sub-districts" and the sub-district I would be based out of is not my current sub-district, so I don't have the connections there that I might have here.

I also am a fairly new teacher, but I really want this job! I keep thinking about all the things I could say in an interview... It has me very excited, even at the prospect. I've spoken to both my principals and they are very supportive. We'll see what comes of this.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Guru

Best wishes!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
Fingers crossed for you, monsieurteacher!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Comrade

High School Teacher
That's good news. best of luck to you.

Last year at one of the inservice days, one of my colleagues said "that he wished that they would quit telling us to use technology and started teaching me how to use it". On other words he wasn't against technology per se but wanted some help to get started. That stuck with me. I use technology as appropriate - it's not an "end all" in and of itself but does add a great tool/resource. Bottom line:I think there are plenty of teachers who need a teacher themselves. You sound excited, hope you get the job.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Aficionado

New Brunswick, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB4GT View Post
That's good news. best of luck to you.

Last year at one of the inservice days, one of my colleagues said "that he wished that they would quit telling us to use technology and started teaching me how to use it". On other words he wasn't against technology per se but wanted some help to get started. That stuck with me. I use technology as appropriate - it's not an "end all" in and of itself but does add a great tool/resource. Bottom line:I think there are plenty of teachers who need a teacher themselves. You sound excited, hope you get the job.
I agree wholeheartedly. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Maven

Central Ohio
Online English Teacher
I would think your tenacity to stay with this district and run around to different schools would prove that you are capable of staying on schedule and doing great work for them in multiple locations. Make sure you emphasize this in your stunning cover letter. Please let us know what we can do to assist you. Trust me, I live and die by technology in the classroom. I needed someone to train me, and to continue my growth with my tech tools.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Aficionado

New Brunswick, Canada
Thanks... and I'm already thinking of all the things I can do with the extra money I would be making (since I would be teaching FULL time, not part time!) Maybe I could get the iPad I've been wanting... after all, I really should have one, right? But first expense might be snow tires...
Old 12-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Multitudinous

USA
Kindergarten Teacher
Good luck!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Virtuoso

Good luck!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Maven

Southern California
SLP & 2 Other Jobs