A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Rookie

Passing EC-6

I am truly struggling to pass the EC-6 certification. I've tried various books and resources all to come up short! I've taken the test 5x! Does anyone have any tips on how to study or have any recommendations for study groups? I need it BADDD!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Which test is this? I'm not sure you're talking about a basic skills test as we define it here (that is, testing a prospective teacher's skills in reading, writing, and math).
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Newcomer

Texas
Bilingual Education
Hello Kazzyphae,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time passing your generalist exam. I just took mine today for the second time and I am not sure if I passed. I studied for about two months (a few hours each week. Looking back at my scores and competencies from my previous test 192 bilingual EC-6 generalist, I made sure to review all the areas I scored low. I reviewed the ETS free study guide, watched brain-pop videos (very helpful by the way), and I did research on the internet on various topics (such as math, science, social studies etc). I also purchased the software were you take practice exams online from the Certifyteacher website besides stuying the TExES Bilingual Generalist EC-6 (192) by Dr. Luis A. Rosado Ed.D. book. You can try studying some of these resources, they might help you. Let me know if you have any questions. Take care and good luck.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Rookie

Hey Kazzyphae,

I am in the same exact boat you were in! I will be taking the test for the 5th time in April.. and I am desperate to pass it.. I have a job waiting for the next school year if I can just pass this darn test!! Do you have any suggestions at all? Or anything you can do to help out??

Thanks
Old 03-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Rookie

Texas
Hello! I will have my test EC-6 generalist this Tuesday, I feel nervous The resources I recommended is Certify teacher.com with the practice test and flash card, I read the Rosado book and help me too, but I'm shock the test have 180 questions?? I remember that the last year only has a 140.
however....cross finger/./// this is my suggestions steelerfever.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Rookie

Thank you Samdey!

I am now using Certify Teacher and it is a huge help!!
I hope your test went great!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Newcomer

TX
Generalist Ec-6!

I am a certified Special Education middle school teacher and have been teaching all year. I recently got a job in TN (I will be moving) and I am having to take my Generalist EC-6 test for this position in less than 2 weeks! Can someone please give me some advice/pointers? I am going to the store tonight to purchase the prep manual by Janice Nath and the Cliffnotes TEXES with the 3 full length practice exams - but am really scared about not passing this test because I need it for my new position! I am really unfamilliar with science/ss (feel more confident in math/ela) Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, wa1032. I assume you meant that your new job is in TX, not TN.

Practice tests have their uses, but reviewing the subject matter is also important. You might find some of Richard Byrne's resources on social studies useful. You may also find that a good historical atlas gives you a better grasp of the history, by giving you visuals to support the knowledge; Mapping History, from the University of Oregon and the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, might serve your purpose well (and thanks for the reminder that I needed to look it up).
Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
P.S.: The link I gave you to Richard Byrne's blog (the enticingly titled Free Technology for Teachers, and it really mostly is) also mentions his latest rundown on resources for science.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Newcomer

TX
Thank you! I actually teach in TX, I currently live in Dallas. My new job is in TN, but I am taking the generalist here and it will transfer to TN. They need my scores before they can finalize my paperwork. I'll be a Life Skills K-2 teacher, as long as I pass!

Tags
ec-6, ec6, passing, passing a test, resources, study groups, testing