A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Aficionado

OREGON
I have chicken and salsa in the crock pot right now. I will be trying a soup in my other crock pot. I love the ideas. It is good weather for soup.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
Last night we had Mediterranean dip with pita chips. It's made like a 5 layer mexican dip but with hummus, feta cheese, calamata olives, roasted red peppers and tomatoes. It doesn't seem like a whole meal but ends up being really filling if you add some stuffed grape leaves on the side.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Phenom

Midwest
Blue... we make potato soup in our crockpot and I make my own chicken stock and then either freeze it or use it for soup!!! YUMMY!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Companion

The South
K-6 Gifted/Talented
I am eating a ramen noodle instant lunch!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Guru

Cornbread and vegetables.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Multitudinous

Tonight it's leftover tater tot hotdish.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Devotee

Next weekend I'm making lasagna soup.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Fanatic

Central Valley of California
High School English (Alt. Ed.)
I just found a new recipe for pancake: 2 eggs and a banana. I thought it was strange, so I tried it out. It tasted a little different, but it did have the consistency of the pancake, and it was a healthier choice. I topped it with roasted slivered almonds, some dark chocolate chips and some light syrup - it was yummy.
I made my daughter the regular version, she's not up for things like this.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Multitudinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguist92021 View Post
I just found a new recipe for pancake: 2 eggs and a banana. I thought it was strange, so I tried it out. It tasted a little different, but it did have the consistency of the pancake, and it was a healthier choice. I topped it with roasted slivered almonds, some dark chocolate chips and some light syrup - it was yummy.
I made my daughter the regular version, she's not up for things like this.
That's all it was, just two eggs and a banana? No flour or anything?
Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Comrade

Preschool Teacher
we eat a lot of chicken! We make chicken enchiladas with a sour cream sauce

smothered chicken (not the healthiest but really yummy!)- We use chicken tenders but you can use breasts too. Top with honey mustard and bake for about 40 mins. Add cooked bacon and sauteed mushrooms to the top of each piece of chicken, then cover with cheddar cheese, bake a few more mins until cheese is melted. We usually have this with rice and a veggie

pork chops and potatoes in the crock pot- slice 1 bag of potatoes(that is for about 4 people) and put in bottom of crock pot, brown pork chops in pan then place in crock pot on top of potatoes, mix 2 cans cream of mushroom soup and 2 cans milk and pour on top. Cook on low for about 8 hours! When you serve add cheddar cheese to the top (cover with another plate for a minute to melt the cheese)

Thin pork chop sandwiches- we grill thin pork chops with bbq sauce for sandwiches. We usually have fries with this.

Chicken with Stuffing- Put chicken breasts in glass baking dish, cover each one with provolone(or mozzarella) cheese. Put one bag cubed stuffing (we use pepperidge farm) on top of the chicken. Mix 2 cans cream of chicken soup and 2 cans of milk, pour over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.

I put a Ham in the crock pot with a little brown sugar glaze on top and some water and cook on low. We usually have baked potatoes and pineapple with it.

Baked Turkey- season and bake a turkey breast in the oven. Serve with mashed potatoes, gravy and a veggie like corn casserole or green beans

Tags
eating