A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Classroom Photos

Old 08-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Aficionado

Upper Elementary Teacher
Just updating... cause I'm ready to freak out from stress Classroom won't be ready until maybe the day before class starts. The counter tops won't be in until the day before- I'm praying they'll install them that day. I should have my desk and student desks ready... the cabinets should have doors on them so I can put away some stuff.. I just won't have counter tops. LOL

Well if this is the worst thing that happens this school year, I'm going to have an AWESOME year

Old 09-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Aficionado

Upper Elementary Teacher
Only thing missing from my classroom- still- are the glass that is suppose to go into the cabinet windows. When I took these, my demo table, av cart, and laptop cart weren't in place. Plus there's some trash hanging around, but the classroom is wonderful. Kids and I love it!

My new blue wall- I didn't know they were planning to do this until I came in to work lol. Two whiteboards and a brand new HUGE Smartboard too (at the time the projector wasn't up). That wall is where I have my demo table and av cart against- my demo table is against the whiteboard on the right (class agendas and schedule goes up there.

Left-wall with student desks and my teacher nook.

Mr. Bones

My teacher nook- you can see my demo table but it's a different position now. I'm waiting on a tall chair to be delivered hopefully soon.

Part of my teacher nook with all my duckies

One of the sinks- I went from 1 sink to 4!!!

New lower ceiling with modern lighting. I love the lighting because the lights turn off if nobody moves around for awhile and there's an AV setting to make my smartboard look better (and it's better for my eyes too).

The windows have turned into the "back of the classroom" with a handmade cubby area for our tote bags. I've greatly reduced my science library of books and still have a touch and see area for random run science stuff that kids can play with. Those bins hold student notebooks if I have to do grading or they don't have homework.

Little student craft area.

Right side of the classroom- I love the storage area I have on top of the cabinets

New safety glasses storage case with UV light I love that I have a proper place to store the safety glasses now. I have to buy a set of 20 safety goggles though.

View from the blue wall- those student desks are HUGE and heavy. The tops are quartz slabs. Beautiful tables!

View from my brand new classroom door.

I'm sooo thrilled now that I'm unpacked and teaching again
Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Groupie

NJ
Middle School Teacher
Looks awesome.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Comrade

Student Teacher
So nice! I met with the architect that is designing our new building last year and hope to have many upgrades in my science lab like you! The lighting would also be a major plus for me too... I HATE our florescent lights!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Rookie

Georgia
4th Grade Teacher
Your room looks great! I was impressed with the pictures you posted 2 years ago and your upgrades are nice as well. I'm planning on taking a few of these awesome ideas

Tags
room, science