A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Companion

My Fitness Pal

I've been using My Fitness Pal for 5 days now. So far, I really like it. I was going to Weight Watchers in the summer to get back to my lifetime membership so I could go for free again, but it got too hard once I started school. (DH works opposite of me and then I have my 3 and 4 year old, and I don't want to bring them to the meetings). Has anyone lost weight using MFP every day? How much did you lose? So far, I'm pretty optimistic with it. It's so much easier than tracking on paper. I hope I can keep it up!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Enthusiast

Louisiana
I lost 55 pounds in about seven months, but then I gained it back when I stopped tracking regularly. After the holidays, I'm starting again. It's just not going to happen the last two weeks of the grad school semester...
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
I have lost almost 20 lbs so far. It helps that I also go to TOPS meetings (It's like weight watchers but they dont' tell you what to eat they just weigh you and give tips). I plan on losing 13-15 more lbs to reach my goal!
You can add me as a friend on MFP just send me a PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
I've lost 56 pounds since the beginning of April. I've tracked my food and exercise faithfully every day and it's working for me. Send me a PM if you want to add me on MFP.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Novice

Tennessee
I have lost about 8 pounds. I have been a member for about a year but faithfully using about 25 days. It definately helps!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Aficionado

Kentucky
Middle School Teacher
I lost 30 pounds from mid January to first week of April without exercise or restricting any foods. I just kept calories between 1200-1300.

Gained part back when I got divorced this summer. Steroids finished it off. Still counting, but not being careful. Lost a few pounds. Am going to the gym now as well.

Need to lose 100 to get back to my normal weight. I hate steroids.

I'm ebeth_h if you want MFP friends.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Companion

It's nice to know you all had such great success!!! Well, I will try my best to stick to it. It helps that I have an iPad, so maybe I'll keep on tracking. I really, really want to lose weight, so hopefully I'll stick with it. I'll PM you ladies so I have some friend on there. I don't know anyone else using it.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Multitudinous

Texas
I'm a member of it and have used it religiously in the past, but have gotten lazy in putting in my food. I need to start again, especially with Thanksgiving out of the way.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Phenom

Western USA
K-6 Sped Resource Teacher
I haven't been able to make it work for me long term...but it's just like anything else- you have to have the motivation to do it too! I have been a member for a year and all I end up doing is gaining and losing the same 15 pounds over and over again. MFP set my calorie goal at 1200...I've been wondering recently if I might have more success at something more reasonable like 1500. It seems I just can't stick to the 1200.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfall View Post
I haven't been able to make it work for me long term...but it's just like anything else- you have to have the motivation to do it too! I have been a member for a year and all I end up doing is gaining and losing the same 15 pounds over and over again. MFP set my calorie goal at 1200...I've been wondering recently if I might have more success at something more reasonable like 1500. It seems I just can't stick to the 1200.
If you change your goal (like losing .5 lb per week instead of 1 lb per week) they will give you more calories. One of my friends just did that and she feels like she can stick with it better.

Tags
fitness, pal