A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Rookie

Florida
College student
I'm trying not to get discouraged I need help!!!!

Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Rookie

FL
I passed first try

I'll tell you what I did because I only had two weeks to study for the test. I got the Cliff Notes, REA FTCE Elementary K-6 (2012), the XAM FTCE Elementary K-6 and signed up for the online class through the Department of Education that I found in this particular forum. Then I downloaded the competancies and printed them out. I started with the first competancy, Language Arts, which was 7% of the test...that was high compared to all the other competancies so I figured it was important. I took all three books and read that portion and wrote down specifics. I did that with every competancy that was 3% and higher. Then when I finished a particular subject, like Language Arts, I did the online class for that particular one and skimmed through it focusing on things I didn't understand.

I spent 2-4 hours a day studying but then I did only have two weeks to prepare - if you have more time, you can spread that time out.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:37 AM
Rookie

FL
One more thing

The other thing I would like to add is that the questions on the pratice tests in these books are not questions that are on the test, they are more to check knowledge of subjects and to help you become familiar with the format so don't spend a lot of time on the tests, per se.

If something is highlighted in all three of the books I mentioned, it is probably important to know!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

If you are confused, just think "Which of these answers makes the MOST sense?" They sometimes try to confuse you by putting two answers that are very similar, but one is correct.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Newcomer

FL
I NEED HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquel View Post
Hello I may have something that may be helpful.
Hi! do you still have this helpful guide? I did took the test today and the result...NOT PASS I studied very hard, used different guide materials including FTCE Elementary Education K-6 by Cliffnotes but did not help me at all, questions are way off from the test. Hope this guide that you are sharing will help me too Thanks!!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Newcomer

Florida
Future Teacher!
Stressed, Depressed, Overwhelmed

Hello All,

I have been reading the different post from recent years to now on the troubles people are having with passing the FTCE K-6 Exam. I am too in the same boat with passing the exam. I took it in August and missed it by 18 pts. I felt that I studied enough that I knew the material. I even felt confident when taking the exam, except on the Science Technology, P.E., and Music. I have numerous of study guides that I studied, cliff notes, practice test, along with reading the correct answer and reasoning. I am so afraid to take the assessment again. I feel that I have more pressure on me because I cannot student teach until I pass this exam and I need to pass it before Feb 2013 in order to student teach Aug 2013. I didn't make the Spring 2013 deadline because of not passing it :-(... I have read the post that stated to relax, pray, and pray some more, which I truly believe will definitely help me the next time that I do take the exam. I was told that I am overthinking and need to relax. I pray that the next time I can give a praise report of stating that I PASSED like many others!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, sacain21.

How are you generally as a study buddy/tutor/homework helper? How are you at solving problems in other people's lives?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Newcomer

FLORIDA
FTCE K - 6
Hi I'm a teacher from CA, FLDOE isn't showing reciprocity for my CSET Multiple Subject Scores K -12. So they're requiring me to take the FTCE for K - 6.

Is the online Comprehensive 7 day course a scam?
Anybody try it?

I'm using Cliff notes.. but worried because most say those questions aren't on the test.

Will somebody point me in the right direction in regards to study materials?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Newcomer

Miami dade fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by paquel View Post
Hello I may have something that may be helpful.
Hi paquel could you please send me the material u have
Old 01-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Newcomer

FLORIDA
FTCE K - 6
I JUST PASSED THE FTCE K- 6 .. here is how....

I passed on the first try!
I used a website called Quizlet

Go to menu on left, it says professional careers, hit teaching careers.. put in a search for FTCE Elementary Education.

Sample tests on every Competency..

YOU WILL PASS

This is FREE and if you master these tests and online flashcards..
You will pass!!!!!!!

That's all I did!! Passed the first time !!! Yippie..

Hope this helps!

Tags
education, elementary, exam, ftce