A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Novice

Sacramento,CA
3rd Grade
Sad Early Childhood Education Student Teacher

I graduate in December with a Bachelors of Science in Early Childhood Education. I have worked so hard and finally my day will come to graduate on December 8th from my University. The sad thing is, I haven't passed the GACE, which is the test that certifies me to teach in the state of Georgia. I have taken this test twice and still I have yet to pass it. I don't know what I'll do now. In order to get into graduate school I have to have passed the GACE so I can't do that and in order to teach I must have passed the GACE so I can't do that either...All I can do is Sub in schools until I pass the GACE this really sucks! Any advice?

Sad future graduate.

Last edited by Aspiringinstruc; 11-12-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: mispelled word

Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Which GACE?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Novice

Sacramento,CA
3rd Grade
Early Childhood Education
Old 11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Ah. That looks like a multiple-subject test. Let's move this thread to the Multiple Subject Tests subforum; most of the tests there are for elementary education rather than early childhood, but there's a lot of overlap between the two in the content that teachers are expected to know.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Novice

Sacramento,CA
3rd Grade
I'm confused why you moved my question...my question wasn't about the test...it was about advice on what to do as far as until i pass the test.....
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Multitudinous

I think your focus needs to be on passing that test.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Rookie

MA
2nd Grade Teacher
I think Casesar is right. You need to focus on passing the test. The only other option I can think of is applying for a job at a private school that does not require certification.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
I moved the thread because your struggle to pass the test is the single biggest issue in your post; moving the thread brings you painlessly to a forum in which you can probably find help for the test content that's giving you grief.

The best advice I can give you is that, as things stand, passing GACE is what's likeliest to move you toward your goal of becoming a teacher.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Novice

Florida
1st Grade Teacher
Look online for a test prep book, then check with your college to see if there are any sort of test prep courses you can take. We have the GKT here in Florida. Many of my classmates failed the first and second time they took the test. I bought a GKT test prep book and studied it with a friend, then took a three day test prep course. The course covered some of the more challenging parts of the test and prepared us for the type of problems we would see on the test. My friend and I passed the first time we took the GKT thanks to the prep course and studying.

Tags
childhood, early, education, sad, student, teacher