A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Rookie

USA
High School Teacher
Good news!

I passed the 2nd time! Guess it wasn't as impossible as a I thought. Good luck to all. Thanks for chatting.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Newcomer

Texas
Spanish teacher in course
Failed by 5 points:-(

I just took the Spanish LOTE 613 a month ago and got my results back recently. I failed by 5 points. Granted, I did not study at all the Pedagogy part because of an international move that I was in the middle of, but I would like to take it again. I do not need any tips on the Spanish language part because I more or less breezed through that although you have to be really on top of everything with the timing.

Does anyone have any tips about improving the score on the Pedagogy part like preparing a class, etc. I have already understood that it would be good to look over the ACTFL requirements. Any other suggestions??

Thanks!!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
If Texas has something like California's English-language development standards that sketch out the stages through which English learners pass and how to get them there, that might be a good place to start.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Rookie

texas
8th Grade Teacher
Ahhhh what to do!? I've taken mine 4 times...I fail the pedagogy and some Spanish b231 is the highest.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
nosepasar1216, hugs. Have you taken any coursework in teaching language?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 AM
Rookie

texas
8th Grade Teacher
well thank you for the hugs...i didnt think this A to Z stuff even existed or that anyone replied back to the comments. Thanks for replying. Answer to your question I did pay a lady around $1100+ for about 2 1/2 months and saw an increase of about 30 points, but it hasent been enough :-( I was just searching the web for tips and tricks to passing this exam. I will get let go and the end of this school year if i cannot pass. I know have exactly 3 more exams to try to pass my next one is DEC 08
Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
You're welcome, nosepasar - though I may lean on you to change your username: my Spanish is not very good, but that sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So have you had any coursework in teaching language? I'm not trying to challenge you: I'm trying to figure out what to suggest.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Rookie

texas
8th Grade Teacher
sorry it has been a joke since i cant even pass. i didnt think anyone on hear would help. if you mean if i teach classes in espanish yes i do. i have had some trainng with a lady and she gave me classwork and i always seemed like i didnt on the day it was due.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Okay, so you haven't had formal coursework in something like a teacher education program on foreign language pedagogy?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Rookie

texas
8th Grade Teacher
no

i guess not...i mostly fail for the most part the PPR aspect of the exam.

Tags
613, lote, spanish, texes