A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Companion

New York
Substitute Teacher
Students with Disabilities CST study guide suggestions, anyone?

Hey so I am not sure if this is the best place to ask, but for those who took the students with disabilities CST in NY, what is the best study guide to prepare for it? I take it in 2 months and wanna be prepared.

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Novice

NY
Teaching Assistant
I took this test, but I honestly can't recall ever finding a study guide for it in any bookstore, and the ones that are offered on Amazon have terrible reviews. I ended up not using a study guide for this test, but I did pass it on my first try, if that helps! And I am not a very good test taker, believe me.

I wish Kaplan offered a study guide for this, I got a lot of good use out of the one they had for the LAST, ATS-W, and the multi-subject CST. Hope you can find something that works for you!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Enthusiast

New York
Resource room
I never found one I liked. I did find one I hated and wouldn't recommend, it seems to be the most popular just because it's one of the only ones ever printed, but it actually had quite a bit of total misinformation. I just reviewed my class notes from special ed topics, paid special attention to trends in laws and politics because frankly sometimes the "right" answer is just about predicting what they want to hear. Did fine on it. Don't worry too hard.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Seems to me that "Other Tests" is a good place for this thread.

When the test prep books are lacking in whatever way, a good approach can be to start Googling items that are on the list of topics that the test can test, then playing among the Web sites that turn up. It makes sense to search for phrases that look like technical terms on Answers.com or Wikipedia as well.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Companion

New York
Substitute Teacher
Haha thanks guys. And I didn't know there was a teacher examinations thread available, so I posted in special ed. I printed one from NYSTCE but it's just sample questions and a sample essay. And I kept searching Amazon for books and they all got bad reviews, so that's why I was so lost I'll probably re-read my intro to special ed book on the 13 disabilities and go from there (I know what type of essay I have to write).

I just hope I passed my multi-subject…had to RE-TAKE it yesterday. Now THAT test was a killer…

Thanks again!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Companion

New York
Substitute Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeteach View Post
I took this test, but I honestly can't recall ever finding a study guide for it in any bookstore, and the ones that are offered on Amazon have terrible reviews. I ended up not using a study guide for this test, but I did pass it on my first try, if that helps! And I am not a very good test taker, believe me.

I wish Kaplan offered a study guide for this, I got a lot of good use out of the one they had for the LAST, ATS-W, and the multi-subject CST. Hope you can find something that works for you!
I wish Kaplan offered it too! It helped me with the others! Well, had to retake the multi-subject…but I did put it to good use! And yea, the books on amazon are terrible…guess I'm hitting my textbooks from my first grad school year lol

Tags
cst, disabilities, guide, students, study, suggestions