A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. I View Post
Yesterday after work at 3:00, I was at the grocery store, getting ready to go home & my car wouldn't start. It was the battery. I quickly was able to get it replaced/fixed with the help of my parents. Within an hour, I was back at home!

Thank God I wasn't still at my workplace's parking lot OR in the morning getting ready to leave for work.
Sorry about your car, Ms.I!! That happened to me a few months ago in my work parking lot! I was leaving for the day and my car wouldn't start. I called my hubby and he came and brought his jumper thingy so it started up then we went to the store to get a new battery. Also, that was the day the library closed early so I couldn't go and get all the books I had on hold! I hate when these things happen!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Maven

Southern California
SLP & 2 Other Jobs
Thanks TeacherNY! I've always kept jumper cables in my car, but I had just left from visiting my parents at the time & was at a nearby grocery store, so they helped me nevertheless. AutoZone was almost around the corner.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Maven

Southern California
SLP & 2 Other Jobs
My apt complex had a planned power outage from Sat 10:30p to Sun 6:12a. That wasn't bad since I was asleep most of that time. They said worst case scenario would have been Sat 9p - Sun 10a.

Changing the subject, I want to get a new black purse.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Maven

Southern California
SLP & 2 Other Jobs
I'm an SLP, so technically, the P isn't my boss. One of the directors is & he/she (to protect anonymity) will be gone in about 2 weeks. This is the first I'm hearing about it...can't say I'm sad to hear it!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Maven

Southern California
SLP & 2 Other Jobs
Ah, what a surprisingly great day this turned out to be! I'm all smiles & glad my weekend's officially started!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Fanatic

California
8th Grade Science Teacher
My mother is being ridiculous. My dad has some of the same symptoms she was showing when she was diagnosed with cancer, and she's blaming me and my "gay lifestyle" for the reason that they have cancer, because she thinks "god" is punishing them for my sins. I'm not even phased by it anymore. I just chalk it up to insanity and ignore 90% of what she says, and try to be as pleasant as possible. She's undergoing chemo today, so I wished her well.

As for work today, things have been going very well! The changes I've made to my procedures have been working out!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
I'm so sorry, Peregrin.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. I View Post
My apt complex had a planned power outage from Sat 10:30p to Sun 6:12a. That wasn't bad since I was asleep most of that time. They said worst case scenario would have been Sat 9p - Sun 10a.

Changing the subject, I want to get a new black purse.
Sections of my state have had an unplanned power outage due to hurricane for the past 11 days. definitely a worst case scenario.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
Great, Ms. I !

Glad you had a good day, Peregrin. Keep your chin up! You know what they say...you can't choose your family...if I told you some stories about a particular person in my family you'd wouldn't believe someone could so horrible.

I had a good day too although I'm exhausted. This week seemed to drag. I did get an unexpected compliment from the VP today and what she said almost brought tears to my eyes. That stuff makes it all worth it.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Maven

Southern California
SLP & 2 Other Jobs
Great back at you, TeacherNY!

Tags
random, thoughts