A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > High School

Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTeachesMath View Post
If he logged in under his account, and then let his friend do the hacking, he was still an accessory. He could try to plea ignorance but that depends on what he's told them.
I'll ask him about that.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
We have had that moment. If its down to 2 then do you suspend them both because you can't figure it out? Knowing one of them didn't do it? There is going to be 3 kids who are suspect by tomorrow. See pure crazy.
How do you know there will be a third accused tomorrow?

The school should have contacted you, but I'd really wait to speak to an adult about this to get a clearer picture of what has happened and their plans.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
How do you know there will be a third accused tomorrow?

The school should have contacted you, but I'd really wait to speak to an adult about this to get a clearer picture of what has happened and their plans.
Kids were talking today when they saw my son in the office. It's all hear say but that student should be put through the same procedure my son has. The new admin code was Atka when the students heard that they said oh that's johns user name. So John needs to be questioned too.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Guru

But I thought the second person accused was the one who had the same password as the new one entered for the administrator? Well, whatever the case, speak with them tomorrow and get all of your questions answered and concerns heard. Hope it all works out!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Comrade

Update

I had a meeting today with the head of discipline. They are not sure who did it. They did not contact me because it was still under investigation. It did look suspicious for my son and another student but its unclear as to who did it. It could have been the IT guy (student) who has been in trouble before. So
it sounds like nothing will happen. The teacher has been saying things and using scare tactics to try and get him to confess. she wasnt suppose to talk about it at all to anyone! I'm now worried that the teacher will never treat him fairly because he has not always acted nicely about this situation. he is hot tempered and did not handle the accusations well. I wish he could move to another class but there isn't one.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Multitudinous

USA
Kindergarten Teacher
I would make sure that missing a day of classes isn't impacting his grades or anything.

I would be very watchful of what goes on in this class and how your son is treated. You may want to encourage him to apologize to the teacher for any of his behaviors (not about hacking, but about anything he may have said or done). Hopefully the teacher will follow suit.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar View Post
I would make sure that missing a day of classes isn't impacting his grades or anything.

I would be very watchful of what goes on in this class and how your son is treated. You may want to encourage him to apologize to the teacher for any of his behaviors (not about hacking, but about anything he may have said or done). Hopefully the teacher will follow suit.
I am worried about it. The teacher actually showed the class his email he sent to her. Where he said this situation is ********, (he got an inschool for that, which he deserves). The fact that the teacher did that shows a problem and also discipline guy wasn't sure he would get a fair shack because she wasn't getting what she wanted, a suspension.

Not sure how to monitor it though.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Guru

Why would the teacher show the class his email?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Why would the teacher show the class his email?
Im not sure why she did that? Its hear say, but will be brought to someones attention tomorrow. this teacher is mad. he goes back Tues. We will see.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Multitudinous

USA
Kindergarten Teacher
I would closely monitor his grades and talk with your son about his class (especially on days that he has this class).

Tags
accused, hacking, long, son