A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Multitudinous

NEW YORK
Math teacher
I agree with all points.

Getting a job where you deal with people is dependent not only on your content knowledge, but on your people skills. People here have consistently tried to help you, but you seem pretty determined to continue doing things your way. So the people skills might require a bit of work.

And why it's important we know that the director was a young male kind of escapes me.

If you had the interview, then your second paragraph seems pretty pointless to me-- it's apparent that they have your materials if they called you in for an interview. It's out of your hands at this point. Badgering them won't change their opinion or their choice of applicants.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Fanatic

Oklahoma
Kindergarten Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAttend View Post
I will give you some constructive criticism about your letter. It is too forceful. After you send the thank you letter it is out of your hands. They either want you or they don't. It is up to them, not up to you. That's life.
I agree. If I was in charge and received this letter, it and your resume would go into the trash.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Novice

Arkansas
My neighbor who wrote a book for new teachers suggested that if you are really interested in the position email the school a short letter right after you get home from the interview. I did this last week and still haven't heard back....haha.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Rookie

IMO, the letter is not too forceful-closed mouths do not get fed. It states her interest, but is inaccurate.

They have already confirmed your application by meeting with you, tgpii. I would suggest editing the letter accordingly. Also, when finding generic letters on the internet, always edit them to fit your situation.

Best of luck!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Companion

I agree with what the previous posters have said. Also, we all make typos, spelling errors, and other grammar errors at times. I have seen that yours seem to be quite frequent. Are you an English language learner or speak another language other than English as a first language?

I ask this, because if this is the case, then I would get a native English speaker to proofread your resume, letters of introduction, etc. If you are not an EL learner then I would start to improve your written English as I believe this will help you a lot in the application process.

Tags
crème, good, interview, interviewed, today, usu