A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Rookie

California
Student Teacher
Art CSET Study Guides

Hello, I plan on taking the Art Subtest I and Art Subtest II, and I was just wondering what are some good study guides for these two tests besides the one that is given to you by the CSET website.

I have taken the the Subtest I twice already, but came up short on passing it. I've taken the Subtest II once and also came up short on passing it. I studied the study guide that was provided by the CSET website, but it really didn't help much, so now I am turning to you guys for help. Please and thank you!

Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
By now you should have gotten your printed score report (it's mailed around the time that unofficial scores show up online). Look at side 2: you should see a chart of performance indicators that give some idea as to what you did well and where you need to improve. What are you seeing there?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Rookie

California
Student Teacher
I tried uploading a picture of the chart, but the forum will not let me. There's a bunch of different information on the chart
Old 05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
The forum software is set to screen out certain things from very new members, in order to keep the spam down a bit. If you post much, you'll be able to upload images pretty soon, though.

Each subtest consists of two or three domains (I forget how many offhand). If you're seeing fewer than three plus marks in any domain for multiple choice, you're a bit behind there: the scale runs from 1 to 4, with 4 plus marks being a strong score. If you're seeing "p" in any of your constructed responses, the scorers thought you didn't express the point of the question; if you see "k" you didn't show off knowledge enough (typically you do this by using the technical terminology); if you see "s" you weren't supporting your answer with examples or with evidence of your thought process.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Rookie

California
Student Teacher
Yeah I am seeing some of that information on the chart. That actually helps out. I just don't know which materials to go back and study because I don't know what material fell under which domain.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
That's where the subtest description comes in handy.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Rookie

California
Student Teacher
Oh okay. Gotcha! I would still like to know what are some good study guides for the test though. Just so I can keep the brain fresh.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Study guides tailored to the test are few and far between - and this is mostly a good thing. Use the subtest description and the sample questions as sources of terms to look up on the Internet.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Rookie

California
Student Teacher
Oh okay. Thanks!

Tags
art, cset, guides, study