A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Newcomer

Autism
TexES 161

Hello all! So, took my sped content exam yesterday (4/16) and got my results TODAY!!!
One thing I want to say to all you future special ed teachers - I really studied for this exam and when I finished the test I felt really unsure about my performance. I thought I might have failed because I went back and changed a few answers, when I should have gone with my original answer. Also, many questions had two very similar answers. Well, I came home from the test and read through all these posts, twice, trying to determine how many I could miss and still pass. Suffice it to say I was a nervous wreck!
Anyhow when I checked to see if my scores were posted today, sure enough they were and I PASSED (first try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 280/300
Moral of my story: study study study and after you take the exam -- even if you feel like you did not do well -- take it easy and BREATHE because you probably did better than you think. Good luck to all!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Rookie

Wichita Falls, TX
Took my Special Ed. 161 test on Friday 4/27. Not really sure how I did. Most questions were situation based with two good answers and two answers that were obviously wrong. I probably knew 60 questions for sure, and most of the others was able to rule out two answers. This is not really an area of interest for me as a high school math teacher, but I was required to take it at my alternative high school due to budget cuts. I used the XAM study guide which was helpful.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Rookie

Florida
SPED Alternative Cert
Hi all! I will be taking 161 on Tuesday. Any advice? I have been studying XAM and TEA downloadable guide. I am extremely nervous!! Congrats to all of you passing geniuses.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Breathe, please.

Know the laws, know how they apply, know how to differentiate, and make sure that the age/grade/disability in the possible answer matches the age/grade/disability in the question stem.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Rookie

Florida
SPED Alternative Cert
TeacherGroupie, THANKS!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Rookie

Florida
SPED Alternative Cert
Took the Texes this afternoon. Testing center did not provide formula/definition sheet. A calculator was given but not needed! I am a little uneasy but if I failed it's due to a lack of studying. I drove over 1100 miles to take the exam! I hope it was worthwhile!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Keep us posted, please, Believeachieve.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Rookie

Florida
SPED Alternative Cert
Passed 161! I took EC-6 (191) this afternoon. Do not feel confident about it! I will be going back to Florida on Saturday. Hopefully, I will be offered an interview in Texas!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Congratulations on 161; keep us posted on 191.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Newcomer

HELP with EC-12!!

I will be taking the EC-12 or the SpEd Supplement soon, and I've gone back and read ALL the posts on this thread. Since postings stopped 3 months ago, not sure if I'll get a response...but would appreciate any updated advice before taking the test. I'm a veteran regular Ed elementary teacher, and all I've looked at thus far is the TES online study guide. Someone mentioned in an earlier post "Put Reading First." any idea where to find that? This thread has been most informative!
Thanks!

Tags
ec12, education, special, test, texes