A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Private School Teachers

Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Comrade

Illinois
Preschool Director
In my state under State Board of Education I am aid/sub certified. Under Department

In my state under State Board of Education I am aid/sub certified. Under Department of Children and Family Services I am director/teacher qualified My career goal is to get into management and become a director. I am looking for a job at a daycare were I can grown into that position. Can anyone please help. I live in Illinois near Chicago. I have experience as working as an aid in a ISBE public high school and working as a teacher in a DCFS private preschool. Any suggestions? Thanks. If this is posted in the wrong forum sorry. I was not sure what forum it belongs.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Groupie

NJ
Middle School Teacher
Based on the fact that you have a sub credential I know you have at least some college completed but maybe not a 4 year degree though I could be incorrect. My first thought would be in order for someone else to consider hiring you as a director you need at least a BA/BS or to start your own school and name yourself director. Just because you are qualified to do something doesn't mean someone will hire you to do it. If you find someone willing that's great, but you would probably be better served finishing your degree while working.

Tags
aid or sub, board, certified, department, education, state