A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > College

Old 04-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Aficionado

North Carolina
Middle School Math Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpii View Post
You are not promised a job if you get a college-degree. You are not promised success in your chosen field, with or without the help of university staff. Colleges and universities offer education in multiple fields and areas. YOU choose the area(s) that you want to pursue....then YOU pursue the jobs when you've gained your education. The only obligation a college or university has is to prepare you for a job in a specific field or area. They do not have an obligation to find a job for you.

Welcome to life in the real world.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Multitudinous

NEW YORK
Math teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpii View Post

Wow, an online suit with an additional $2000 for the stress of being unemployed??? Based on this article alone, I think I can see why the plaintiff is having a bit of difficulty finding a job. She looks like a petulant toddler, having a tantrum because the world doesn't fit her definition of "fair.". I sure as heck would NOT hire her as MY lawyer.

I'll echo what the others have said. Education is not the same thing as job placement. College gives you the tools. What you do with those tools, what restrictions you or others place on the use of those tools-- those things are not things colleges can control.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Connoisseur

MA
High School Math Teacher
^^^
I read a different article and it says that she thinks she should get interviews because of her perfect attendance and her 2.7 GPA.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:34 AM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetea View Post
^^^
I read a different article and it says that she thinks she should get interviews because of her perfect attendance and her 2.7 GPA.
If she's so brilliant why didn't she get a 4.0 haha
Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Connoisseur

Louisiana
CHEMISTRY
They actually announced on our local news last night that education and nursing were the most employable jobs while engineering, business, and humanities were the least employable. They have over 400 graduates in education at LSU for this spring and graduated a similar amount last year. My daughter was lucky and actually had a job before graduation but we were able to pull some strings for her but many of her friends that graduated with her last spring still do not have job.

Tags
colleges, cut, jobs, teache, teachers