A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Newcomer

Florida
Hi Paquel - would you be able to help me out too? I would greatly appreciate any help!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Newcomer

FL
ELEM Exam

Is there anyone that is studying to take this test? I have taken it 2 times and both times failed by a point. I am frustrated!!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Newcomer

FL
JUSTwant2teach CONGRATS!!!! Any hints to tell us? I have failed twice by 1 point.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Newcomer

Florida
Hi, meeper22
I think I took the same verson of the test that you described in your post. I studied the cliff notes book and nothing in the book was on the test. I failed but did not get the official score yet. I have to pass this test by the first of April. I am afraid if I use the same study guide I will not pass. Can someone please recomend a good study guide that will help me to be successful on passing the second time around.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Hugs, determined.

I know of one line of teacher-test prep books that includes no practice questions whatsoever; the author's rationale is that people get so hung up on the specific practice questions that they lose sight of all the different ways that a concept can be tested. Eliminating the practice questions is going a bit far, but the author has a point.

Teacher tests as a class seem to have moved from regurgitation of facts to application of principles. This is a positive development in my opinion, but it does require a somewhat different approach from the test taker. Since these questions often pose scenarios, your task is to analyze the scenario in terms of who or what is present and the principles involved: if you're pushing a file cart up a ramp, you're working against the force of gravity but not so much against friction, but if you're pushing a box of books up the same ramp, both gravity and friction need to be taken into account.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Newcomer

florida
Substitute Teacher
Frustrated also

Hi. I myself took the SAE 3 times and did not pass. The second time I took it, I was 25 points away from passing, The tird time I took it, I was 8 points away from passing. I studied every book and study guide. I am now frustrated becasue it is holding back my student teaching. Would you be able to help out in study tips or materials. I plan on taking it again in the middle of June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper22 View Post
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't replied in a long time, I've been busy substituting and studying for that test but I have great news! I PASSED THE TEST! I'm so overjoyed. Thanks to everyone here for all your help.

Last edited by profrose; 03-29-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: miss spelled
Old 04-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Newcomer

fl
Hi paquel,

I too need help with the elementary k-6 test. I would be so grateful if you could send this to me.

Thanks,
Ana
Old 04-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Newcomer

florida
Hi everyone, I'm scheduled to take the FTCE K-6 exam and help help with study guides will be greatly appreciated. Also,Paquel, I would love any study guides information or tips you may have. thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Newcomer

Teaching Assistant
I have just taken the Elem Ed K-6 and failed. I used Cliff Notes for a study guide and about 6 questions were on the test. I was extremely upset because I studied for 2 months and nothing was on the test. Some things I taught to my class happen to be on there and that was helpful but if you are not teaching and the guides do not help then there is no way of passing.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Newcomer

Teaching Assistant
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper22 View Post
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't replied in a long time, I've been busy substituting and studying for that test but I have great news! I PASSED THE TEST! I'm so overjoyed. Thanks to everyone here for all your help.
So happy to hear that. Can you please advise as to what test guides you felt helped the most to pass this test. I studied with Cliff Notes and it did not help one bit. I sat there and wanted to walk out but 200 dollars is a lot of money. Not to mention the retake is even more, I am not rich and do not spend anymore money then I have to. Thanks.

Tags
education, elementary, exam, ftce