A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Rookie

tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherl View Post
I recently took and passed this test (and celebrated, TeacherGroupie ).

Now I'm onto the EC-12 ppr. I know it's the wrong thread, but I need a quick response and this is a 'happening' thread - does anyone know of the time limit of the ec-12 ppr test?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, did you passed your PPR Exam? I will be taking mine this Feb 28, 2012 and any advice will help me. Please let me know how you study or what materials you have. I study very hard, and I think I know all the quesitons, and when I get infront of the test I don't know what happen. I feel very confident about myself, but at the end I don't do very well. please let me know thanks.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Companion

Texas
5/6 Math and Science
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2l3 View Post
I am taking the 4-8 grade Generalist on March 21st and have been doing the practice exam from the test prep manual. I do really well on all parts except the math . I am 34 years old so most of this math I haven't seen in quite sometime. What are the math questions like any of you that have taken this exam recently? Which formulas should I focus most on to memorize and relearn? I am also taking the EC-12 Special Education exam on February 29th and feel much more confident about that test...are there specific ADA laws that I will need to know? What is that test like? How many questions are on that exam usually? Thank you for any help!! I am soooo terrified about the math!! (I want to teach English [at any level] and/or special education classes, NOT math of any kind or level...
I just took and passed my TeXES in mid Feb. The math on the actual test is not nearly as hard as the review books make it seem. The math portion only counts for 21% of the test so in a reality you could do poorly in that particular part and still pass if you do well in the other sections. There is no need to memorize any of the formulas because a chart is given to you.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Newcomer

I just took the test yesterday and found the math to be way easier than the practice test. Waiting for my scores is killing me!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Newcomer

The study guide that helped me the most, especially with math, was from EdPublishing. I also had trouble downloading their e-book and they moved mountains to help me. Customer service goes a long way!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Newcomer

tx
I don't know if anyone checks in here...but i just wanted to let you know that I just enrolled in an Alternative Certification Program. I graduated with my business degree in '09 and have not found a good job so I decided to give Bilingual Generlist 4-8 a chance. I have to take a Pre test April 28 before I can actually take the real test. I have to pass this test with a 75% so that I could "earn my ticket" I guess. I have read post and no one has gone thur this first. Im very nervous because education is not my field but I really like it...i know i can do it!!!! Just the fact that i have 3 week to study for a pre-test and then for the actual certification test is really stressing me out!!! am i really doing the right thing? uuuhhhhhh!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Newcomer

Texas
Do they provide you with a Mathematics chart (formulas and such) and periodic table at the test center?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Newcomer

Texas
4-8 Generalist
Trying to nail that exam

Hello everyone, I see this forum has been quiet for some time now but I figured I'd post anyway. Well I am going to be taken the 4-8 generalist exam in 2 weeks. I've taken it before and scored 239 twice! I have test anxiety though. I know I am so close but still wanted to know if there were any additional tips you guys could give. I'm really praying for passing results this time.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, Moses.

Do your score reports give, or do you have a sense of, the domains in which you're coming up short?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Novice

Texas
Hi all!
So, this thread has been inactive for some time; however, I am bumping it because I am taking the Generalist 4-8 (111) exam tomorrow at 1pm and am extremely nervous!

I've used Certify Teacher for a couple weeks now and on my last practice test scored a 237 (79%). My weakness is mathematics (by far) and some science.

I am an English major/History minor (graduating in May with my BA English) but the ELA portion was tricky so I've really focused on that, social studies and science because I am (and always have been) notoriously terrible at math.

Does anyone know if you can still pass the test without doing particularly well on the math portion? It seems like you should be able to, but I wasn't sure if each portion was 'weighted' somehow.

Please keep me in your T&P for tomorrow as passing this on the first try is very important to me!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Novice

Texas
Ok so the exam took me 3 of the 5 hours allowed to complete. It felt pretty easy, with only a handful of questions I was unsure of; the math portion seemed shockingly easy overall compared to what I've been studying. Overall, I feel good about it but you just never know! We'll see next week!!

Tags
generalist, texes