A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Rookie

Florida, USA
Hello everyone,
I am relatively new to the site, and I'm scheduled to take the FTCE Elementary K-6 Exam at the end of next month. I am a career changer, currently working in administration at a university, and hold a bachelor's degree in Business, and a Master's degree in Liberal Studies. I already have the XAM Book, and I am currently studying from the (Elementary K-6) Module from the Florida Department of Education. I need to ensure that I pass on the first go, as I cannot really afford to pay $200. Does anyone have any other suggestions as far as study materials go?

I will greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone can provide.

Thanks!

Gigi

Old 04-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, GISELAD.

Are the materials you're using so far teaching you a great deal you didn't know before?

Of the domains that the test covers, which have you most nervous?

Are you generally good as a test taker?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Rookie

Florida, USA
Good afternoon TeacherGroupie,
Yes, the materials are definitely teaching me things I either didn't know or just did not recall. I just want to ensure that I am studying the correct material and not filling my brain up with unnecessary material.

I am most nervous about the Math and Science areas, although the Language Arts is now beginning to worry me (this is suppose to be my strength).

My biggest concern is that I have never been a good test taker. I retain answers, but apply them to incorrect questions/scenarios.

Any valuable suggestions??

Thank you!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
The Competencies (sorry I don't have the link handy) lay out what is and isn't tested. If a bit of information isn't positively excluded by the Competencies, there's nothing wrong with learning it - and the trick is to think less in terms of avoiding material you don't need and more in terms of how things you know and are learning can be used to help you reason out an answer.

Here's a use for practice tests you've already been through: pick a question in science. If the question sets up a scenario without naming it, write down the name of the scenario by the question stem; if the question names a phenomenon, jot down an example of it from a book you have or from the Internet, and then jot down another example - of it playing out in your own life. (The rock cycle, for example, can be partially modeled by what happens to the leftover apple pie in the Tupperware in one's fridge when someone leaves the two-pound slab of mozzarella cheese on top of it: what part of the pie gets most mooshed?) Do likewise with the possible answers. Then think about what the notes you've just made suggest about what the correct answer must be.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Rookie

Florida, USA
Thanks TeacherGroupie,
These are some excellent points. I will try it!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Rookie

Florida, USA
Hello Paquel,
I just noticed that you offered some assistance to HClose. Would you mind sharing which study materials you used to the pass the FTCE Elementary K-6 and the GK and Professionals Test?

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Newcomer

florida
Special Education Teacher
Unhappy help help! :(

I also need help on this test Please if anyone has a guide that will help me, let me know, the more preparation material the better

thank you
Old 08-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Newcomer

florida
Special Education Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by paquel View Post
Please send me a message if you need assistance.
Hi paquel,

I notice you said u have a guide that can help pass the elementary k6 test, I am desperate to pass this test please if you see my message, help me! I am trying to collect material that will help me pass
thank you
Old 04-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Newcomer

florida
Substitute Teacher
I am in desperate need of help. I took the test 3 times and did not pass it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR32903 View Post
Hi, I am trying to email you, but it says your mailbox is full and won't accept any new emails... HELP! LOL
Old 09-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Newcomer

fl
Hi all,
I am taking my elem. test next month. I noticed there are tests you pay to help your test. Has anyone tried this before? thank you..

Tags
exam, helpftce