A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Prayer Requests / Inspirational > Prayer Request Forum

Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Rookie

United States
Really in Need of Prayer

Every since I finished my treatment for cancer 5 years ago, I have had a difficult time putting my life together. Please pray that my life comes together and I can live out my hopes and dreams. Thank you so much.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Companion

HS World Language
Praying for you - may you get back on your feet and accomplish all that life has waiting for you! Life is full of wonderful things! Best of luck
Old 03-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Multitudinous

NEW YORK
Math teacher
It's been three and a half years since my mastectomy. And I won't kid you.. each time I go for a mamo, I worry. More than I let on to family and friends.

It seems to me though, that we have two choices. We can live in dread and fear, worrying each day that that monster is going to come back, or we can put it on a back burner.I know it's impossible to ever get rid of the terror-- it still haunts me in the dark of the night sometimes. But I figure I've been given this amazing second chance, and I refuse to waste it (at least during the day when I have some control over how it effects me.)

Have you seen a counselor? Maybe he or she can find the words I can't, the words that will you help you gain that control that you want and deserve. Or see if there's a survivor group in your local hospital; I think they're pretty common.

My prayer for you is twofold: that the monster never returns and that you find your way past the fear.

Best wishes.
Alice
Old 03-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Rookie

United States
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, suggestions and prayers.

Liz
Old 03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Rookie

CA
High School Teacher
Prayin

Have you tried meditation? My uncle is a cancer survivor and swore this helped him.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Newcomer

Colorado
Music Teacher
Sometimes, just knowing about a good outcome, to a situation which, at first, appears grim, can motivate us to direct our energy in a manner which best SUPPORTS our desires..Hopefully, the true story of one man's determination, will be of some value to you, if not today, maybe at some point.
George, my step dad, was an agriculturist/farmer/dairyman, and an AVID golfer who, needless to say. spent a great deal of time out doors, in the sun.
In his mid 70's, he developed a nasty sore on the back of his neck, which proved to be stage 3 skin cancer -- too much sun exposure. He had surgery, all follow-up treatments and exams. 6 years later, a routine exam revealed stage 1 prostate cancer. Again, he had the surgery, and follow-up treatments/exam.
Here was a 2x - elderly cancer patient, who was 81, the 2nd time. The good news is, George lived another 14 years, COMPLETELY cancer free, until he passed peacefully, at age 95! I'm convinced what helped him most was, the fact that he dedicated a great deal thought, energy and focus on that which he most enjoyed --- Golf, visiting with family, more golf, gardening, the pro/am golf tournament, reading novels.

Tags
prayer